• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion Choosing an air frame----frustrations!

3dbandit

100cc
6s3300 is perfect. Checkout YellowJackets and Glacier packs.
The HS-7245MH are the best performing servo for the price. You can get some absurdly powered heli servos, I think [MENTION=646]cwojcik[/MENTION] and [MENTION=699]3dbandit[/MENTION] used them, but they're a bit more expensive.

Yes, I use them. They are great. They open up an entire world of maneuvers I wouldn't think of doing without them.

I use the BK branded ones.

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
Which servo's exactly?
Edit: The BK 5001 I assume? They dont give them away!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the BKs in my laser as well. I tried the Spektrum 5060s, but they were a epic fail with jitters. I did not try the velcro trick with them as they were just plain so bad. I have a youtube video on them. You have to hog out the servo bays for the bigger heli servos and you end up adding 2 ounces of weight. If I do another Laser, I would sell my BKs and get 7245s. They are plenty. Also Hitec is working on a better servo Chris Hinson is testing as apparently him and Ben got onto them at SEFF last year to get a solid servo in this class.

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
Awesome! Very interesting info on a possible new servo. The straw for me last night was watching a video of a guy flying a 60" laser. Just a normal guy just sunday flyin'. It looked so cool in the air. I already have seen all the vids of people wringing them out. Something struck me. Funny how that works sometimes.

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
I have the BKs in my laser as well. I tried the Spektrum 5060s, but they were a epic fail with jitters. I did not try the velcro trick with them as they were just plain so bad. I have a youtube video on them. You have to hog out the servo bays for the bigger heli servos and you end up adding 2 ounces of weight. If I do another Laser, I would sell my BKs and get 7245s. They are plenty. Also Hitec is working on a better servo Chris Hinson is testing as apparently him and Ben got onto them at SEFF last year to get a solid servo in this class.

They are not to replace the 7245mh as they are already one of the best out there. they are for the 48'' planes and will replace the HS-65mg.

Ahh, that makes sense. There is a need in that size. I seem now to remember the thread I saw this on being a commentary on 5065s and savox 0255s.

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
if i ever buy micro servos, ill try out the rjx micros. super impressed with their servos across the board so far