• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion Choosing an air frame----frustrations!

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
The red one is one of the best looking planes out there! Thanks for the input. Big fan here. I bet I have watched your videos 20 times each.

danielph

50cc
Thank you. :) The red does really pop, but I love the blue version as well. The fact that it's a full-scale scheme is frosting on the cake!

FlyMike1

70cc twin V2
After reading a lot of threads and this one also, in one month I'm getting the red one, or blue, havnt decided because I have put a request in for the 91" also. It will be in stock hopefully two months. So red 91 and blue 60!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
We have both schemes up here in numbers and the blue one is slighly easier to see because the black and white on the bottom is not as easy to see as the red and white on the blue version. Also there is still a lot of quality problems with black ultracote with the top layer peeling.

FlyMike1

70cc twin V2
Yep black covering always bubbles and peels with the heat of the sun. So are you saying there is a blue with black on the bottom and a blue with red on the bottom?

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
I did not know it was a full scale scheme! This is the first i have heard of the black peeling. For me color really does not really matter in flight much. Is this just me? Just a contrast top to bottom is nice. Maybe I have just flown micro pusher jets and s400 pylon for too long. When you don't have a big hobby budget you tend to fly small. I have a little Su-27 that is sky blue on the bottom and does about 70 mph. It can disappear easy! Great little goof off plane.

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
Horrible cell phone video. Yes, I am a dork. :thumbup:
[video=youtube;kZaPcaH_YLo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZaPcaH_YLo[/video]

FlyMike1

70cc twin V2
Well five years ago the black covering would bubble and peal do to the heat of the sun, usually if it was on top of the plane, from my experience with the EF Yak in my avitar it didnt. I had black stipes on the bottom of my plane that was ultracote or monocote and sometimes I would have to iron it, but my friends planes had to iron the covering down before and after they came home from flying. One of my friends Horizon hobby 102 extra's covering started pealing while in flight on the wing and that was blue. Flappin in the wind. I'm not sure if they have new monocote that alleviates that. It's not a major problem if you dont mind ironing your plane which should be frequently done anyways. Just be careful when ironing wings, you dont want to iron one side too tight before the other side. That can cause some issues, sometimes, not always.
Nice harriers with your jet. I dont see rudder, does it have vector thrust on your motor?

FlyMike1

70cc twin V2
Oh and differences in color and details from top to bottom of planes is very important to most of us that fly 3D and freestyle. When the plane is spinning around you want to know which end is up or down. Sometimes I still get disoriented and its kinds scary. Especially when its an expensive plane.