• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion Choosing an air frame----frustrations!

3dhs seems to have a supply issue and customer service issues. Shame as they seem like great group! They seem to be out of stock very quicly on almost everything often. EF seems to get most things back in quickly. PA seems to have turned around with tbe new distributer. The Katana MX looks like a good all arounder. Nice looking for sure. It seems the airplane buisness is going through a change at the moment. I cant put my finger on it yet.

That's why I got my 50CC from EF. Can't beat customer service!

wedoitall

I've been highly impressed with this little plane. I've flown about 20 lipos through it so far it flys closer to a balsa plane than any other hybrid I've flown. Very precise especially for what it is.

37.5" slick. Perfect for backyard practicing. Check out how small the cowl is. Chances are you will already have most of the electronics too. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389475531.612731.jpg

FlyMike1

70cc twin V2
I've been highly impressed with this little plane. I've flown about 20 lipos through it so far it flys closer to a balsa plane than any other hybrid I've flown. Very precise especially for what it is.

37.5" slick. Perfect for backyard practicing. Check out how small the cowl is. Chances are you will already have most of the electronics too. View attachment 20395

How much does your motor weigh? I have a 49 gram 1200KV motor that needs a home

wedoitall

How much does your motor weigh? I have a 49 gram 1200KV motor that needs a home

For once I went with a non motrolfly motor. On this plane I'm using a Hengli which weighs in at 65grams. I'm really surprised with this motor. It's seems to be a horse so far . I'm getting over 300 watts per lb with a 10x4.7SF. I have some 11x4.7 sf and 11x5.5E coming Monday to try out. I'm not a video guy mainly due to t being hard for me to get good shots the entire flight but I will show you how crazy this plane will do a snake.

Last edited by a moderator:

wedoitall

There is some thing you can do to help out with the weight if you decide to use the 49 gram motor. Use the recommended 1000mah 3s. Also the hardware, LG, tail wheel , linkages are overkill for this plane . There's several options you could do To lighten the plane even more. I didn't go this route but mine is near bulletproof. The motorbox is very tuff. I've already tested it a few times .

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
I have been eyeing that bad boy! Might have to order one up. My trusty old winners model edge died a while back. I really enjoy that size plane. I have a Torque T-20 and a pile of 3s 1300. I am wraping up my new West Michigan parkflyers MX2! Love me some foamies.

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
After going back and fort I still have not made up my mind. I almost pulled the trigger on the Aerobeez extra yesterday. I have wanted a 78" EF for a long time. It seems to be just a tad big for the current crop of 30 to 35cc engines. Plus shipping is not cheap on that one. The aerobeez will work on a 30. What has me on the fence is all the new stuff coming. Toledo right is around the corner. New stuff coming from everyone. Why must I obsess over every plane like it is tha last I will ever own!

gyro

GSN Contributor
After going back and fort I still have not made up my mind. I almost pulled the trigger on the Aerobeez extra yesterday. I have wanted a 78" EF for a long time. It seems to be just a tad big for the current crop of 30 to 35cc engines. Plus shipping is not cheap on that one. The aerobeez will work on a 30. What has me on the fence is all the new stuff coming. Toledo right is around the corner. New stuff coming from everyone. Why must I obsess over every plane like it is tha last I will ever own!

I was all set to get the EF 78" until I saw the $120 shipping charge on it... More than 25% of the airframe cost to shipping is not for me, I'll wait until I can pick it up at a show.

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
Maybe Toledo. Not sure what to do at this point. Just having fun shopping. So much stuff out of stock. New stuff coming down the pike. Just want to fly and have some fun.