• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DA 120 with onboard Tach.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
so Brian, you want to use an RPM sensor that is optical, and not tapping into the pickup sensor? if this is the case, this is much easier to do. I, myself, tried multiple times to do it with the sensor, and it would never work for me on my DA's/ I eventually went with the optical sensors and they work great. I also had tried the spectrum infrared, and that was a mess. never worked.
Ok, i am going to contact someone from Spectrum to find the answer for you.

@orthobird did you properly install the correct resistor? I do not use telemetry but the tach works flawless on my set up. Another concern would be that your semiconductor is facing "down and not up" in relation to the polarity of the magnet in the DA engine hubs. The semiconductor used in the pick up needs to see the south pole of the magnet for best operation.

@orthobird did you properly install the correct resistor? I do not use telemetry but the tach works flawless on my set up. Another concern would be that your semiconductor is facing "down and not up" in relation to the polarity of the magnet in the DA engine hubs. The semiconductor used in the pick up needs to see the south pole of the magnet for best operation.

i totally gave up on it. I am happy with the opticals.
however, DA does not have hall sensors as the pickup. the RXCEL ignitions, like in DLE, do use a hall sensor.
are you using the DA sensor?
if so, that would be amazing that you got it to work.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
i totally gave up on it. I am happy with the opticals.
however, DA does not have hall sensors as the pickup. the RXCEL ignitions, like in DLE, do use a hall sensor.
are you using the DA sensor?
if so, that would be amazing that you got it to work.

No. The DA Induction pick up is left in place on the top of the crank case shaft housing and a Hall sensor (semiconductor) pick up is mounted underneath the crank case shaft housing. There are drilled and tapped holes there just like on top so mounting it is easy.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
If you looked at the photos in the 104 thread you can see the pick up lead installed on my 120 on the bottom.

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Is there a way to use the ignition module with telemetry,with the t-1000 ? Thanks guys I'm going to try connecting the optical with JR lead to unit by making connector swap, just don't want to fry the unit. I hear they're very sensitive.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Is there a way to use the ignition module with telemetry,with the t-1000 ? Thanks guys I'm going to try connecting the optical with JR lead to unit by making connector swap, just don't want to fry the unit. I hear they're very sensitive.

Le me make sure I understand you. "You want to input the available tachometer connection on a Rcexl ignition module via direct connection to your t-1000 rpm input connection?" If that is the case I say do not do it because you are going to feed ignition battery voltage to the t-1000.

Alky6

150cc
I am going to spend some time adapting a hall sensor to install on a DA (or any other engine for that matter) to plug directly into the TM-1000 telemetry unit with no tie to the existing engine ignition system. It will take a little while to allocate some time, but I will add my results and findings here.

IMAC FANATIC

Nice, I'll be watching.
And wanting to use rcexl hall unit on DA 150. Not using a rxel ignition , just stock DA ignition. I have spektrum optical unit, i hear its very erratic unless has good light source and this will be buried in the cowl. And don't want the magnetic sticker supplied to confuse the DA pick up. Been reading and re reading and starting to understand the how to part, just wishing there was an orderable component available for this set up. Thanks guys appreciate the help.
For now I'll just run the wire and deal with install as we go .

IMAC FANATIC

This is what I start with correct?

Attachments

• Hall_Sensor.jpg
    Hall_Sensor.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 297

Alky6

150cc
I think you will want the one that Dimes has posted earlier as I believe the hall effect sensor is magnetic polarity sensitive and the sensor may need to be rotated for DA's positioning of the magnet? I am not sure on that one. Dimes?