• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DA 120 with onboard Tach.

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Can't seem to find that adjustable mount, can someone post a linkee here directly to source.
Pardon, I'm being impatient, I'll wait to see what you come up with and follow your lead.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I think you will want the one that Dimes has posted earlier as I believe the hall effect sensor is magnetic polarity sensitive and the sensor may need to be rotated for DA's positioning of the magnet? I am not sure on that one. Dimes?
Yes you are correct. DA engines hub magnet has the south pole facing up. When inserting the semiconductor in to its housing make sure it faces it correctly by having the face which has the beveled sides facing the magnet. Study the picture.
hall placement side.jpg

IMAC FANATIC

OK, starting to get the idea finally, can you tell I'm not electrically inclined. LoL
so a second hole will have to be drilled and tapped on the engine to secure the mounting plate . dang I wish I'd of done this before I mounted the engine , pipes, etc.

Alky6

150cc
OK, starting to get the idea finally, can you tell I'm not electrically inclined. LoL
so a second hole will have to be drilled and tapped on the engine to secure the mounting plate . dang I wish I'd of done this before I mounted the engine , pipes, etc.
That's ok. You build one helluva nice plane!

Only one hole? thought there were two in addition to the two to mount the magnetic pickup?

IMAC FANATIC

Still at work, can't verify that till I get out to shop tomorrow, but I believe that's what I noticed . hoping I'm wrong.