• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DA-70 and Plane Bender Smooth Pipes

Bdegan;5283 wrote: I could if i had a 2 into 1 header. But I'm not going to be ordering one. If DA or Zimmerman wants to send me one. I will gladly test and collect data ;)

I will see what I can do for a 2 into 1 header brad.......

Bdegan

50cc
I had some discussions with Dave Sullivan.

We are both thinking the same thing. With the engine being 70 cc ' s. A regular mid size pipe like an RE-2 or ES 55 pipe are probably to small. To restrictive and not enough volume if using a 2 into 1 header. I can try an ES 55 pipe and an RE2 for giggles to get some numbers. But when using a 2 into 1 header a large pipe or cannister may be required.

Time will tell. I do have access to a large Smooth pipe from Plane Bender. And possibly a large ks cannister.

Bdegan

50cc
What are you planning to put it in ?

The biggest challenge for most 60 cc size airframes will be trying to fit the 2 pipes into the tunnel.

Most airframes have a tunnel designed for one can or 1 pipe off of a 60 single.

Some airframe mfg's would need to rework their current designs to make dual pipes fit.

Or at least keep in mind the extra width required when designing new airframes in the future.

Joshet89

50cc
Going to try and shoe horn it in my 92 3DHS Edge, saw some posts on RCG with a piped 70 in an 89 slick so I am hoping for a similar fit.