• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Da100L 3blade setup

Robotech

70cc twin V2
That Mej should work well. A 120 on pipes will rip it, but the 100 should be fine. Another one to consider is the Biela 25x12. The 26x10 works great on a piped 120.
I love Biela props but I had two of them come apart. Both 3 blades.

Attachments

• Beila.jpg
    Beila.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 247

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
yeah....me too. Same failure. I think Robotech's were 28x12 on a piped DA150, as were mine. I've never had any issues with the 26x10 on DA120's. Good news is Biela replaced them for me, even though I bought them used but undrilled.

Robotech

70cc twin V2
Dang. I bet that shook some stuff loose.
To tell the truth, it was within the first dozen or so flights with the RE3s and by the sound it made I thought one of the pipes slipped loose from the coupler. Of course I went to idle and landed immediately so there was no damage. I did have a 24X10 and 25X10 3 blade Biela that were great and never had a problem with them. They were destroyed in crashes though. Maybe the problem is only with the 28". They do look badass.

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
I found a used 25x12 mej that should be here soon. I will try to get the throttle setup this weekend to try to get a tach reading with the pipes.

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
So I ran this beast today. I got 6500 Rpms with a couple quick blasts. I was doing this by myself so I didn't hold wide open very long and I didn't do any tuning. I am pretty happy with those numbers just bolting on and trying. Sounds amazing with the pipes and prop.