• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton 300 ml build thread.

Ant;1621 wrote: That 200 looks sweet with the red case. Does your wife know you have it? lol:cool:

Anthony, she does not know about that yet,. luckily, it is small, so she may not find out, unless she looks at our AMEX statement.

BikeRacer;1630 wrote: Don't feel too bad, My Dalton was one of Tony's sheeted kits. I will sheet the next one, but it sure made it easier for my first one. I agree with flatspinjim on the titebond. I would stay away from CA when there is going to be any sanding of an exposed surface that will take covering. Oh, and you'll love that plane!

thank you!! i just woke up from a great nap. headed over to the shop and start that part. best regards!!

Ant

50cc
LOL..That is funny stuff. Hey, you work hard for it and in your line of work, you not only work hard, but you are giving back to those who seek your service..

Thanks Anthony!!

just finished sanding the stringers flush with F1 and F9.

the fuselage sides are composed of two different width balsa sheets. there is a 4" and a 3", both are 48", and they are 3/32" thick. inside the box, there are 4 of each, for a total of 8 sheets for the fuselage sides.

i have glued the 4 and 3" ones, lengthwise, to make them 96" long. i placed them up against a straight edge, and it is noticeable that the 48" length is warped some. none of them are 100% straight. i made a 45 degree cut on one end, sanded it down, and then glued them against the straight edge as a guide. i did use a strip of masking tape to hold it in place, then flipped it, opened it up like a hinge, and placed the tight bond in the gap, then wiped it off.

once this dries off, then i will glue side to side the 3" with the 4" sheets, to make a total width of 7" as per the instructions.

1664=881-IMG_5860.jpg
1664=881-IMG_5860.jpg

here it is, i have now glued it side to side. pretty cool actually, and with the masking tape, i made the edges touch all the way. looks like it is straight now. i will check again once it is cured. after this step, i will sand them down, put them aside, and make the side press as described by tony in his instructions. 7" tall and 85" long. once this is ready, iiwill have to get some large rubber bands, and i will glue it to the fuselage sides either late tonight or tomorrow morning. just depends on the wife.

1681=889-IMG_5861.jpg
1681=889-IMG_5861.jpg
1681=890-IMG_5862.jpg
1681=890-IMG_5862.jpg

Super08

70cc twin V2
orthobird;1583 wrote: my observation is correct, the da 200 prop bolt pattern is same as the da 170, however, the 170 bolts are 4mm and the 200 are 3 mm diameter. i imagine the 170 are bigger due to increased vibration, relative to the 200.
Cam the DA150 uses M5x.08 and the 170 uses M6x1.0. :)

Super08;1771 wrote: Cam the DA150 uses M5x.08 and the 170 uses M6x1.0. :)

Hi DOug, i made an estimate. on my DA 170, i use a hex head that is 5 mm, so i assumed that is a 4 mm bolt. and on the 200, the hex head is 4 mm, so i assumed the diameter was 3 mm, but now that you say that, it sure cannot be 3 mm. that is like the screw diameter for my servo arm into the output shaft!!! LOL!!! my Bad!!!

let me get this straight, the DA 200 is 5 mm and the 170 is 6 mm?

sounds about right now!!

thanks again Doug.

Super08

70cc twin V2
Yes that is correct, I just happened to have the sizes in my head along with a bunch of other baggage so I though I would pass it on.