• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton 300 ml build thread.

well, i do not know if you can see this in the pictures.
What i have done is installed a brass tube from the engine compartment that travels to the fuel tank bay. This results in shorter Tygon fuel lines.but, what i want you all to see is this covering i installed around the brass tubes. this is a thermal heat sleeve. 1/2" inner diameter. this is stable up to 500 degrees F.
hopefully this will help prevent the fuel lines from getting too hot. you can get them from JEGS.
IMG_6873.JPG
IMG_6874.JPG
IMG_6875.JPG

Dave

New to GSN!
I just got set up here on GSN, and have been browsing through your Dalton build log.... awesome job! Lots of neat ideas here. I like the idea of temperature sensors on all 4 cylinders- how interesting that will be. I'm finishing up a Carden, and now I want to add some additional sensors to measure all cylinders' temp. I've got quite a few more pages of your build log to explore, can't wait to sit down and go through it all. Nice build!

PS- My user name on the other site is dwdixon.

Bunky! I keep saying that too, but i feel compelled to get this done 1st. It is like something that is in me to get done 1st!!

this is cool!! i did set up the elevators and rudder servos. They are installed and all the turnbuckles are installed with the 6-32 ball links. .ALl the tail servos are also programmed, balanced, matched, etc.... i also organized the throttle wiring/CDI/IBEC wiring all the way to the Rx. I also did the telemetry, and programed for the Tx to display antenna strength, temp of each cylinder. Temp1a is right front, 1b is left front cylinder, 2a is right rear cylinder, and 2b is left rear. also, display each batteries voltage and each batteries Mah consumption. I will also set up an RPM, not done yet. have to wait for the cowl to be finished to install the RPM sensor. I also have two IBEC that connect into two separate ports on the Rx, this is for ultimate in redundancy. The DA manual requires for the quad cylinder to connect the two power in from the CDI into a Y connector, which can then be connected into one IBEC. But i have taken it to the ultimate in redundancy. THE IBEC is also installed.

IMG_6877.JPG
IMG_6878.JPG