• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton 300 ml build thread.

cbarnes0061;6060 wrote: Yeah it sucks but this is the happening place now and I ahve PM'ed quite a few people over there and gotten them to email me and then I send them a link to the site.

chris, i love your signature!! that movie is a classic!! at work, when we are in the middle of surgery, one of us in there will mention some part of that movie, once in a while!!!

BalsaDust

orthobird;6065 wrote: chris, i love your signature!! that movie is a classic!! at work, when we are in the middle of surgery, one of us in there will mention some part of that movie, once in a while!!!

Yeah when I joined I told myself I needed a good signature line. It was either quote that movie or either "days of Thunder" or Top Gun

well, i am stomped!!!

i attempted to see if i could install the comfort mount on the inside of the tunnel, anchored to the motor box, and this is a no way (according to me), in that, once you get that in there, then cover and paint airplane, there will be no way to ever take that out or put in and out. so this is a no go for me.

i then attempted to see if i could put the comfort mount so that it bolts into something in the bottom of the tunnel (on the 1st picture, it will be up since airplane is upside down in picture 1 and 2), but the width of the mounts will not allow this. this will not work either with it trying to bolt on to a plate on the top of the tunnel. also, if i try to bolt it to something in the bottom, this is the landing gear plate.

ok, i made a plate, so that both comfort mounts bolt onto one plate, so that the plate is in between the two canisters, but then i need to find a way to be able to fix the plate to the airframe. and, only way to get the canisters in with the mount tightened is to do this outside, then bring both canisters attached to the plate and the mount as a single unit.

may have to consider a totally different mount system altogether, and it also seems i will have to sheet the inside of the tunnel to help prevent the heat from going into the fuselage.

:bi_polo:

6231=2422-IMG_5945.jpg
6231=2422-IMG_5945.jpg
6231=2423-IMG_5946.jpg
6231=2423-IMG_5946.jpg
6231=2424-IMG_5947.jpg
6231=2424-IMG_5947.jpg

just went back to Gordon's build thread!! wow, his is really complete. page 6, post 57 and 58, he has some great pictures of how he manufactured his own mounts. looks like i will try to make something like that tomorrow!!! to bed now and get some rest.

I was able to get it, I believe.

The comfort mounts are hanging from a 1/4" plywood plate. The plate is held to the plywood and spruce rails I glued to inside of motorbox.

The canisters are not in contact with any parts if the airframe.

6684=2635-image.jpg
6684=2635-image.jpg
6684=2636-image.jpg
6684=2636-image.jpg
6684=2637-image.jpg
6684=2637-image.jpg
6684=2638-image.jpg
6684=2638-image.jpg
6684=2639-image.jpg
6684=2639-image.jpg
6684=2640-image.jpg
6684=2640-image.jpg
6684=2641-image.jpg
6684=2641-image.jpg
6684=2642-image.jpg
6684=2642-image.jpg
6684=2643-image.jpg
6684=2643-image.jpg

The mods I made add about 2.5 ounces of weight. I learned something with canisters.... The rear dump canisters are much more difficult to install than the front dump cans. With front dump cans, you can use the laser cut plywood or the plastic or carbon fiber ones, that the cans slide into. That is it!! With rear dump, it is more difficult to use those since the stinger has to get near to fuselage exit area and with the round plywood mounts that are fixed to the airframe, I believe that gets more difficult.

murry

30cc
Very good, mine mounted even with the top of the motor box with a spacer on the mount bolt to shim it down a bit. The cans won't dent up so bad with the mount on the thick part of the can and your air flow is improved somewhat compared to the wood ply mount.

I would sheet the motor box to keep the heat out of the fuse