• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton Extra 260 35%...Back at it!

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
you should be able to drill a hole through the root cap and cut/bore a hole through the foam core all the way to your servo pocket. I would not cut the sheeting. look at post #295 from this build thread: http://www.giantscalenews.com/threads/dalton-300-ml-build-thread.187/page-15
he shows how he did it with a piece of copper tubing after the wing was sheeted.

Anthony
Thanks. all his pictures are gone. I will look through all the pics he added
Yup, I do all mine with brass tubing. Just need very thin wall tubing and sharpen the ends at a very steep angle. Works great!
Thanks. I will give it a try!

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
elevators done.jpg
Both elevators are done. I guess I need to start covering the fuse now. I am going to give it a once over again and make sure I am done!!!!!

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
I am going through razor blades like crazy. Funny how one slice through covering and it's pretty much junk

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I am going through razor blades like crazy. Funny how one slice through covering and it's pretty much junk
Ain't that the truth. Them little buggers don't last long when it comes to getting that perfectly straight cut time and again.

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
image.jpg
Rudder is covered now! For some reason the silver ultracote was a bugger to work with. Maybe it was just in my head

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
I am looking for advice how to start covering the rest. What do you guys do about the rounded part in front of the verticle stabilizer? Do that part first?