• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton Extra 260 35%...Back at it!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
View attachment 4059 View attachment 4058
The second picture is after I filled the sean of the wheel pants and sanded smooth with a lightweight body filler. The first picture is after I primed them and sanded them. Now I will give it one last coat of primer before I paint. These parts were so full of pinholes, so a little trick is to spray a really wet coat of primer and then take a paint roller and roll the whole thing. Then a couple more coats of primer. All the pinholes get filled. It makes sanding the first time a little longer, but you don't have to deal with those little pinhole buggers.
Who'd have thunk? Great idea....

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
Good tip! Also glad to see you're getting larger pics....my eyes were going cross o_O
I am sorry about the small pics. My iPhone just decided to start uploading so the pictures are bigger. I was stressing you were going to get mad at me!

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
image.jpg
I got a little more done tonight. Painted the landing gear yesterday and mounted it. I am going to pull it off and weigh it before I mount it for good. I got the sides covered. The stage of doubt is setting in. Like, what if this thing blows apart in magnificent fashion on the maiden flight. That would suck!!!!!

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
image.jpg
Did a little more tinkering on it yesterday and today. I just got off the phone with b&e graphics and they will be doing some sweet stuff for this real soon.

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
I am thinking a 3 blade setup for this non 3d airplane(but you never know, I get bored of loops and 4 point rolls). What's the tried and true rock solid set up for the da100 with re2s?

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
image.jpg
The fuse is done!! I was planning on getting the elevators set up with servos, but my shop needed attention after covering. Looked like a tornado blew through an ultracote factory in here! Now that everything is tidy, I will start on Servos tomorrow. I will be ordering servo extensions tonight and possibly a fuel tank. I will throw a coat of primer on the cowl tomorrow at work as well. I will probably get the fuse all done before I start covering the wings.

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
Still need to figure out a prop. I could just go with the 27x10th, but maybe the guys at da can point me in a good direction.