• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton Extra 260 35%...Back at it!

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
I am using my iPhone. I can't get it to upload direct to the website. I end up emailing to myself and then uploading from my computer. This last time I uploaded at actual size this last time. I will try using my camera this next time.

Tseres

150cc
I can download the pictures from my Iphone to the computer through the charge cord. It is also a USB cord. The pictures come out great.

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
canopy filler2.jpg
canopy filler.jpg
canopy done.jpg
So I ended up just using some lightweight balsa filler I got from the hobby shop. I am pretty happy with the outcome. I used covering about an inch over the seam, and then found a rustoleum bomb can that matches really good.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I just think a 260 is darn sexy. Liking what you are doing with this one. Can't wait to see it finished. :way_to_go:

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
control horn.png
control horn2.png
So today I installed the balsa into the elevators and the rudder that my custom "Terryscustom"control horns get epoxied into. Terry recommended doing this before the leading edge balsa is glued on, but I was already past that step. It was super easy, just set the block right behind the leading edge balsa and traced the balsa block. I then used a razor blade and cut out the balsa and foam. Needle nose pliers are nice for picking out foam. Glued blocks in with gorilla glue and taped so they stay put. Thanks terry!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Cool, don't forget to harden the blocks with thin foam safe CA. You should be fine if you got a tight fit. The only benefit of doing it before the hinge stock is you get a nice wood glue joint between the block and the hinge stock which adds a lot of strength. You should be fine since you used regular GG. Tough stuff!

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
covered elevator1.jpg
I completed elevator. Almost done with the other. This covering isn't thing isn't that bad. The curve at the front of the vertical stabilizer has me a little concerned though. Gonna just keep chipping away at it. I do have one question. I forgot to run the channel for the servo wire in the wing. Am I going to have to cut through the balsa sheeting and then piece it bad together?