• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DLE 55 Prop choice?

gyro

GSN Contributor
I recieved a Falcon 24x8 for Christmas, and I was wondering if anyone has tried that on a DLE 55?

I think it'll be slightly outside the limits of a traditional DLE55, but MAYBE on a 55RA. I ran a laminated 24x8 on EME60 and that was at the top of its limits.

A 23x9 would be a better choice. Can you exchange it?

3dcarter

50cc
I think it'll be slightly outside the limits of a traditional DLE55, but MAYBE on a 55RA. I ran a laminated 24x8 on EME60 and that was at the top of its limits.

A 23x9 would be a better choice. Can you exchange it?

Agreed. A 24x8 is what a 60 or 61 runs

D

Dead-Stick-Jake

Good that's what I ordered sense there was only one silver instock.

I have been using Biela 23x8 and get good performance ... approx 700rpm. I tried an XR 23x10 but the RPM dropped by nearly 200,

whitewolf

New to GSN!
recently started using a Vess 23B on my DLE-55 in a Dawg House Yak, 16 1/2", flies it very well. getting 7200 static rpm, the engine has approx. 3 gallons of fuel through it and stock exhaust.