• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DLE 55 Prop choice?

jwall

New to GSN!
I know this is an old thread but I used it in decision making to purchase a new prop for my DLE 55

I have always run a 23X8 either Xoar or Falcon Wood.

I have since taken the plunge to a Falcon Carbon Fiber 23X9. I will let ya'll know my take on the difference. I plan to fly a flight with my 23X8 wood, switch props over and fly another flight for direct comparison.

I do not know the RPM that my prop swings, I tune mine by ear.

Standby for updates! :peace:

SnowDog

cool - I've had a 23x8 wood prop on my DLE-55RA for two years and it is a perfect match for my 89" Slick.

looking forward to hearing your results.

jwall

New to GSN!
Down here at sea level in Houston. 90 degrees and 100% humidity that is what I got for RPM's.
DLE-55, Bowman ring, reed block mod, Stock muffler.

Falcon Wood 23X8 6850 RPM static on the ground
Falcon 23X9 6700 Static

Is it the best hover only prop? -- NO, the 23X8 yeilds more instant power. However it is a very good balanced prop that allows for more high energy fun.

I would say the loss in instant power is small, but the increase in top end is easily noticed.

I am flying an 18 lb pilot extra 330 around, the airplane would need a da60 to be a rocket.

Bbcorvette18

70cc twin V2
Seems like low rpm? I was spinning a xoar carbon fiber 23x8 at 7300 I'm at about 500' elevation. This is an old stock dle55 by old I mean it's got over 80 gallons through it.