• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Do you like it? Huh? Well do ya?

Mikeq

150cc
I'm excited for you Rob...I know it will be an awesome plane and you'll be very satisfied once you get it airborne...be sure an post a lot of pics as you get her ready to fly...

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I'm excited for you Rob...I know it will be an awesome plane and you'll be very satisfied once you get it airborne...be sure an post a lot of pics as you get her ready to fly...
Thanks buddy....I will. I am actually thinking of getting one of the "Soloshot" cameras. They look cool as heck. They follow who or what ever the target is as long as the target has the rec. doo hickie thingy ma bob with them. http://www.soloshot.com/ As long as there is no rf emited that will interfere with the 2.4, it would be the best movie taker in the world. I want to get a video of the maiden of that thing. I am actually dazed.... What the F&^%^ was I thinking? LOL

Mikeq

150cc
Thanks buddy....I will. I am actually thinking of getting one of the "Soloshot" cameras. They look cool as heck. They follow who or what ever the target is as long as the target has the rec. doo hickie thingy ma bob with them. http://www.soloshot.com/ As long as there is no rf emited that will interfere with the 2.4, it would be the best movie taker in the world. I want to get a video of the maiden of that thing. I am actually dazed.... What the F&^%^ was I thinking? LOL
Wow never heard of such devices...wouldn't it be a lot cheaper to get your buddy patroller to film the maiden for you??? Just kidding...man I need to check into those cameras...

Patroller

70cc twin V2
I am more that happy to film the maiden. My older video camera might work, but It is likely dead on the batteries. They are really not worth replacing at this point. I do however have a very good fluid head video tripod that would work with another video camera if you have one. That would definitely help keep the action smooth. I mostly shoot still photos, and will definitely bring that equipment with me when you are ready to fly this thing this spring.

As far as the soloshot. I saw them advertised recently, very interesting. I would however be worried the frequencies my interfere similar to the way the go pro's can if the radio part is left on. Several lost planes from that.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Wow never heard of such devices...wouldn't it be a lot cheaper to get your buddy patroller to film the maiden for you??? Just kidding...man I need to check into those cameras...
Problem is with Dave (Patroller), he is always too busy to help a friend out. Always off to the cabin, or off skiing or who knows what all. LMAO....just kidding Dave. Truthfully Mike, He is a "GREAT" camera guy. I just liked that Soloshot so much I thought...Hmmm..... Never know when you might get a wild hair to go fly and no one is around to shoot your action...right?

Mikeq

150cc
As far as the soloshot. I saw them advertised recently, very interesting. I would however be worried the frequencies my interfere similar to the way the go pro's can if the radio part is left on. Several lost planes from that.

Yep... same here..I now turn my wifi off when I use my GoPro on the plane and I think that's why the Phantoms went with the 5.8 GHz to avoid interference with 2,4 wifi camera operations....

Patroller

70cc twin V2
I would definitely look at what frequencies the Solo uses before stepping it to a plane. I could not find it on their web page in my quick look.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
+1....me too.
Me three.... I actually was wondering that when I first discovered them. They gotta have a reflected frequency right? But what is the freq. and what would be the band width....that is what I want know.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
So, I did a little research. From what I can find, the Soloshot does not operate from a commonly used reflected frequency per sey, it appears it is using Global Positioning Satellites for tracking. Here is a link to that. I dunno Mike, I am inclined to buy one, mount my camera or cam corder to it, put the tracking unit on my glow (shudder) trainer, and give it a shot. What's the worst that can happen? What ever device it is using to use GPS causes me to loose control of said slimy flying thing and giving it a proper slimmer burial?