• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Do you like it? Huh? Well do ya?

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Just for size comparison only gents. We all know the 42% really is not a small plane right? Umm, guess again...
PART_1417911383555_20141206_171452.jpg
PART951417911397386952014120695171533.jpg

Mikeq

150cc
So, I did a little research. From what I can find, the Soloshot does not operate from a commonly used reflected frequency per sey, it appears it is using Global Positioning Satellites for tracking. Here is a link to that. I dunno Mike, I am inclined to buy one, mount my camera or cam corder to it, put the tracking unit on my glow (shudder) trainer, and give it a shot. What's the worst that can happen? What ever device it is using to use GPS causes me to loose control of said slimy flying thing and giving it a proper slimmer burial?

Sounds like there shouldn't be a problem...I would still check it out on something disposable (less expensive) like you posted. If it works right you should get some awesome video with it.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Sounds like there shouldn't be a problem...I would still check it out on something disposable (less expensive) like you posted. If it works right you should get some awesome video with it.
That's kind of what I was thinking..... Or....oh I know.... Got a couple of friends that have a couple of beater foamies..... Wouldn't be much of a loss there for sure. I think I am going to buy one. (Soloshot) and give it a try. I will post some video here if it works out alright. Or at least the findings of the experience. Who knows, there may be nothing to report other than a picture of a cross where the remnants of a once flying foam hooptie met its demise and is now put to rest.

-Rick-

100cc
LOL...I'm sure Rob would let you fly it and keep your nuts...I guess that's better than dragging them over broken glass which was another one I use to hear a lot...

Which is worse, left nut or an arm and a leg! What ever, what I wouldn't give to fly something like that but.... when it came time to land I'd be giving the TX back to Rob!! That is a SWEET plane!!

anyone know how that airplane would do for IMAC? it is a beauty!

It does Great! I played alot with next years Intermediate sequence and this particular 540. However due to the gob's of torque the 3W 275 produces swinging either a 37x13 or a 36x13 it will learn ya a whole new meaning of using your left thumb to keep your lines straight. Oh yea, make sure you have some altitude for the stall spins for as she'll gobble it up quick like on the way down. And if you are a counter during your maneuvers and you have a hard time counting past 3 to yourself don t worry she'll keep climbing likes its cool :D

Last edited: