• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Do you like it? Huh? Well do ya?

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Heck, ya'll can fly it. Come on out once it's done. No need to give up any important body components. And certainly no need to drag them across broken glass..... that is just wrong right there. LOL.... I am pretty sure any one can handle this gentle giant. There is almost this yearning to put the Sukhoi on the back burner, but she is so close. Just waiting for my RE3's and batteries to show up. Put in the belly vents, a little baffleing and she is ready to maiden. Naaa.....I will finish her first.:yesss:

It is about 133 inches from spinner to end of rudder. About 38 inches at the rudder.

The other thing about IMAC and this particular plane will be the noise it makes. Unless the IMAC CD has waved the noise score you'll be ok,,, if not you can expect a very low score to a ZERO for a noise score with the current configuration of the stock mufflers on this particular plane. The next 50'center I will be putting together soon will have cans so as to satisfy this issue.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
The other thing about IMAC and this particular plane will be the noise it makes. Unless the IMAC CD has waved the noise score you'll be ok,,, if not you can expect a very low score to a ZERO for a noise score with the current configuration of the stock mufflers on this particular plane. The next 50'center I will be putting together soon will have cans so as to satisfy this issue.
Good info. Thanks... but really not worried about noise. This one is for pure pleasure. No restrictions where I fly. So...yeah....just for fun.

Cool! The other thing your gonna need is your LMA1 certificate for this plane to be flown at Chartered Clubs and fields. God forbid if something were to happen and you don t have this. If you are needing the forms I can provide you with those. HINT,,, fly it a few times out in the middle of B.F.E. to get things sorted out prior to having the LMA inspector inspecting your plane. Ain t nothing worse than having something not right or break on the day he comes out to inspect and to watch you fly it.

BV
LMA Inspector :)

Last edited:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Cool! The other thing your gonna need is your LMA1 certificate for this plane to be flown at Chartered Clubs and fields. God forbid if something were to happen and you don t have this. If you are needing the forms I can provide you with those. HINT,,, fly it a few times out in the middle of B.F.E. to get things sorted out prior to having the LMA inspector inspecting your plane. Ain t nothing worse than having something not right or break on the day he comes out to inspect and to watch you fly it.

BV
LMA Inspector :)
Appreciate it Bill, thanks. Got it covered though.

Cool! alrighty then have fun and be safe with it man,,, Countless hours of fun I had with that plane and now its all you :)

BV

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I hope to see this monster at wenatchee this year!
Definitely shooting for it Terry. I just ordered the JR XG11 tonight. It will be here Wednesday. That will be the radio for this one. Eventually I will get everything else switched over as time goes on. I should be able to get the motor purchased Wednesday also when @Rooman returns from the south. From there, just servos, batteries, and the rest of the electronics. I am pretty sure it will be at Wenatchee.