• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Don Smith P-51 Mustang

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Now stang any ideas on what scheme you will go with? Personally I’m a huge fan of the Tuskegee paint job with the red tail.
Is this the one Chris? If so, I vote YES!! :yesss:

B127FE6A-7518-4EF5-9F8E-3F43E70DDFAB.jpeg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
No photos yet. Who ever said that vacation time is to relax. Ugh. I think I am going back to work so I can have some peace and quiet. LOL. But until I make it to get some photos, how about these videos from Memorial Day last year. The two P-40's are from the museum here. The "B", (Boise Bee) is also from the museum. The other Mustangs flew in for the event. Well, that is except for Hell er bust and Diamond. They are both from Boise.
Really beautiful warbirds right fellas?

WMcNabb

150cc
I had the fortunate opportunity to meet a legend a few weeks ago.
Col. Bud Anderson, a World War II triple ace flew both P-51B and P-51D Mustangs.
His aircraft were named “Old Crow”, after the Kentucky bourbon of the same name.
What a pleasant gentlemen, and sharp as a tack at 96 years young!
Of my many favorite schemes, I would have to go with this one after such a great experience.

Last edited: