• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Don Smith P-51 Mustang

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Wait what? Where at? That meens its not too far from me.
Chris,

The Military Aviation Museum is in Virginia Beach in Pungo. The museum houses almost 100 full scale Axis and Allied WWI & WWII aircraft that are in flyable condition. The P-51 is just the beginning. The museum has a Mosquito, Corsair, Skyraider, Hurricane, Spitfire, FW-190A8, BF109, Fokker DR1, Fokker D7 and the list goes on and on. Go to www.militaryaviationmuseum.org and you can see all the planes. They are also flying a different WW2 airplane every Saturday this summer. Don't say I didn't warn you because once you go down there, you'll be hooked for life. I've already asked the owner if I could live down there, but unfortunately he said no. . . . . . . :laughing:.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I think both of you should share photos of these awesome full scale versions with those of us who aren’t as lucky!
Hey Wade,

If Rob doesn't mind, I'll be glad to share any picture of the Mustang or any other plane that I have. . . . . :yesss: like this,
P-51 28.jpg

WMcNabb

150cc
Chris,

The Military Aviation Museum is in Virginia Beach in Pungo. The museum houses almost 100 full scale Axis and Allied WWI & WWII aircraft that are in flyable condition. The P-51 is just the beginning. The museum has a Mosquito, Corsair, Skyraider, Hurricane, Spitfire, FW-190A8, BF109, Fokker DR1, Fokker D7 and the list goes on and on. Go to www.militaryaviationmuseum.org and you can see all the planes. They are also flying a different WW2 airplane every Saturday this summer. Don't say I didn't warn you because once you go down there, you'll be hooked for life. I've already asked the owner if I could live down there, but unfortunately he said no. . . . . . . :laughing:.

Ooooooooohhhhh....drooling!!!!

BalsaDust

Chris,

Will have to go some time. If I do I will let you know and maybe we can meet up. Is this the one that just got a fully restored ME-109 like a little over a year ago