• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Don Smith P-51 Mustang

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Photos=bad ass.
FB_IMG_1569341020639.jpg
FB_IMG_1569341017514.jpg
FB_IMG_1569341013632.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
What do you recon that things weigh's, 100-150lbs, and cost is maybe in excess of 10 grand...…..
Actually, it is quite light. Don't quote me on this but if I remember reading it correctly, it was somewhere around the 25 to 30 pound range. As for cost, again please don't quote me. I believe it was in the 10 to $12,000 range. I will try to find all of the information and post it if I can.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Actually, it is quite light. Don't quote me on this but if I remember reading it correctly, it was somewhere around the 25 to 30 pound range. As for cost, again please don't quote me. I believe it was in the 10 to $12,000 range. I will try to find all of the information and post it if I can.
And what size airframe would something like that actually be suitable for? Don't get me wrong I think it is wickedly sick, just not very practical.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
And what size airframe would something like that actually be suitable for? Don't get me wrong I think it is wickedly sick, just not very practical.
I am trying to find all of the information that I had on it a few months ago. They were working on installing it into a 1/3 scale Fischer Mustang.

Just my opinion here, but with something this bad ass who cares if it's practical or not? LMAO

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Just my opinion here, but with something this bad ass who cares if it's practical or not? LMAO
I say practical because as bad ass as it may be we more than likely will never see one in an airplane and probably not very likely be any for sale. As for the cost, well, there are those of us that would buy it even if just to have it.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I say practical because as bad ass as it may be we more than likely will never see one in an airplane and probably not very likely be any for sale. As for the cost, well, there are those of us that would buy it even if just to have it.
Indeed...
happy-wink-smiley-emoticon.gif