• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Double Build, Carden Pro 124" Extra 300 40%

BalsaDust

Don't do it Cam. It will just get hung from ceiling hooks never to be touched again except to tape an aileron back on when the first piece of masking tape looses its stickiness.

Sorry cappy. Had to do it. Love ya buddy.

I agree with you, just shows how much more crazy I am from yoU!!

It really is a sickness, and I have never even flown a Carden. I am doing this purely based on what my friends say. Most people I talk to, who have Cardens, will tell me: "No other airplane flies as well as a Carden"!

Ok, today, I am on the 4th wing, bagging it. In the morning, I will sand it smooth on the edges.

Then off to bag all the other foam parts:

stabs, fin, turtle deck, hatch, rear and front belly pan.

IMG_2007.JPG
IMG_2008.JPG

the balsa sheet skins are also ready!

IMG_2009.JPG

ok, so far, the 4 wings are sheeted, the 2 canopy decks are sheeted, and now I am working on the fins/rudder.

Just wanted to demonstrate, and I forgot to take an after the spread picture, but here is for the hatch deck.

I used 3/4 ounce of epoxy resin (West System), and then squeegeed the remainder off. Forgive me, I forgot to take a picture, since I moved on to next step.

the red coloring is from ACP, it is an Epoxy resin dye.

IMG_2012.JPG
IMG_2013.JPG