• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Double Build, Carden Pro 124" Extra 300 40%

LOL!! No, I just had a stent put in my heart about 2 months ago, and they have me on three meds now, which I never used to take meds before, and I believe it is affecting my depth perception. I just need someone to stand next to me, when I fly at a new field (meaning, new to me). OTW< I am ok, Just had my cholesterol checked yesterday, and it is now 91!! Yippie, way down from 170, 2 months ago,.

The upper rear deck came out great. Still needs some more trimming, but that will take me less than 20 minutes to do.

IMG_2039.JPG

here are the update pictures....

the bottom front deck pans are sheeted and trimmed.

came out really good. I am proud of myself. Well, it almost feels like I am cheating, using this bag technique. I have learned more advantages of using the vacuum bag technique and epoxy resin. Another advantage is, that when You apply the resin, then move it to the shuck, the resin kind of softens the balsa sheeting, and thus, makes it more compliant to the new shape and curvature of the shuck. Not once, has the balsa sheeting torn or pulled apart.
IMG_2041.JPG

I was also able to finish trimming the turtle decks (top rear deck)...

IMG_2042.JPG

soon, update pictures on the rear bottom deck.

capthis

70cc twin V2
Looks really good Cam, you have certainly figured out the vacuum bag technique. I want to build my own bag system but if I need one I have one available to borrow. :)