• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Double Build, Carden Pro 124" Extra 300 40%

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I was able to get 2 flights in, I spent a good deal of time at the field programming the fail safe and then doing a range test, since it was also the maiden flight for the new transmitter. I was worried/nervous, and to break the nerves, I started the day putting in 3 flights with my Extreme Flight 91" Extra with a DA 85, and then I moved up to my Dalton Yak, and put two flights in her, practicing the 2017 Advanced sequence on all flights. After that, I told Stacey, "I AM READY< LEt's DO this!!!"

It was a complete success..

Here is my set up..
Carden 124" Extra 300 Pro
Jeti DC 24 transmitter 2.4 Ghz + triple redundancy with 900 Mhz backup transmission.
0 (ZERO) degree positive wing incidence
47 lbs dry with no added weight for CG
Desert Aircraft 200L
SWB 3 degree motor mount
Desert Aircraft 2-1 deep drop headers
KS 95 rear dump Canisters
Mejzlik 30-13 LF 2 blade prop
MEjzlik 5" spinner w/light backplate
PSP fuel cap and 64 ounce Juicy Juicy Bottle, with two PSP fittings and one from TDRC
McFueller fuel dot
Jeti Central Box 400 (constant 8.2 volts to servos via internal regulators)
Jeti Duplex EX R3/RSW 2.4GHz Receiver (2 of them)
JR NXB 8921 servos x9
AirWild 1.25" Uni Hub Double Truss servo arms on the stabs
AirWild 1.5" Uni Hub Double Truss servo arms on the ailerons
AirWild 2" Uni Hub Double Truss servo arms for the rudder
SWB 4" Wide Rudder trouble truss control horns.
JTEC RAdiowave Carbon Fiber Double Truss control horns on Elevators and Ailerons.
Dubro 6-32 ball cups on all the ends of the connecting links
Home Made 6-32 Fully threaded rods with carbon fiber tubing as links x8
Jeti R3 Electronic switch, turns airplane radio on from the transmitter. No Switch on outside of the airframe.
Pulse 5000 mah 3 S Li-on receiver packs x2
Tech Aero IBEC X 2
Taildraggerrc 20g servo wires
J&J carbon tail gear
White Rose 4.5" main wheels
Aircraft International Foam Super Lite pilot
Monokote covering
Klass Kote Epoxy pain and clear-coat.

Upon take applying 1/2 throttle, airplane took off with low AOA without me giving it elevator. Once i turned it coming back, i noticed it wanted to climb, gave it two clicks of down elevator and it was flying level. Did not have to give any rudder or aileron trim (first time I build an airplane and did not require aileron trim)!

Additionally, once it was flying level, I did take my hands off the transmitter for a good 10 seconds to demonstrate to the peanut gallery how it tracks (Just phenomenal, I have never flown an airplane that tracks this good!)

This airplane cuts thru the wind! Just phenomenal!

Ok, after 1st flight, took maybe 4 minutes or so), after landing her, I moved the batteries back 3 inches as I felt it was ever so slightly nose heavy, then I inspected that all the screws on the linkages were still there, and no surface was loose.

Then took her off again. (there is a video somewhere of this), and then I did the inverted 45 degree climb, and it was ever so slightly coming towards the canopy) and, when flying inverted, I have to give just a tiny bit of push.

Spin Entry = Phenomenal!! Looks like it completely stops forward movement, and then nose and one wing drop. Very Very nice spin entry (stall), (this also tells me my CG is good).

Knife edge flight, no pitch coupling, but there is a very slight roll coupling.

Up-lines, maybe a tiny bit of going positive, but I will test this more, but it was not pulling to left or right. Pretty darn straight on that.

Downlines, I will need to add a downline mix, it has a very minimal amount of pulling out.

The mixes I will add will be all maybe 1 to 2% to make it fly "perfect" as they say!

Coming in for the two landings, I was surprised it slows down plenty to land.

I really like this airplane, and to date, I had never flown a Carden, and I had never flown an Airplane that flies this good. Primo was right!!!

View attachment 93894 View attachment 93895 View attachment 93896

That is always satisfying after a long build and bib everything to the best of your abilities and researched everything to get it right. Then test fly it and it works just as you had hoped for very satisfying. Hope you enjoy the plane and it competes well for you.

he

Attachments

• IMG_3470.JPG
    IMG_3470.JPG
    460.9 KB · Views: 440
  • IMG_3471.JPG
    IMG_3471.JPG
    515 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_3472.JPG
    IMG_3472.JPG
    500.2 KB · Views: 433
  • IMG_3473.JPG
    IMG_3473.JPG
    494.4 KB · Views: 401
  • IMG_3474.JPG
    IMG_3474.JPG
    465 KB · Views: 421
  • IMG_3475.JPG
    IMG_3475.JPG
    444.6 KB · Views: 410
  • IMG_3476.JPG
    IMG_3476.JPG
    465.6 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_3477.JPG
    IMG_3477.JPG
    468.9 KB · Views: 412
Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Love the graphics that just makes me want to buy a Jeti that must be good to have.
Question trying to understand the signal strength grafts. Please just bear with me. At 100% does that mean the receiver received 100 % of the info from the radio. So at 50% what did you lose. You got 50% less of what and what does it impact. (Only distance does that mean you have lost half the operating distances?...). Ok at what % loss are you at risk of losing the plane.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Love the height graphics are you surprised at height you are flying at it looks like you averaging 500 ft that is a surprise to me or am I reading the graph wrong. I do like it.

Rusty 73

100cc
Well congratulations on the Maiden flights , all went well :way_to_go: and came back in one whole piece .

Do like the graphs with telemetry especial being in colour and from your new DS24 Jeti .Wow though you would have got that radio in the fall .
I know it's cooler now than summer but how high would your engine cylinder temps peak at before your alarm comes on ?

Nice to see your enjoying all the fruits from your labours :too-cool:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I just cannot stop looking at the graphs. Looking at your temperature and RPM graphs it looks like your temps are going up when your rpm props or the the two graphs not quite lining up. Would be interesting to see the a long sustained run and then look at the temperature correlation.