• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Double Build, Carden Pro 124" Extra 300 40%

Rusty 73

100cc
So the number on the botttom is in seconds 0-400 ?
I agree with Snoopy1 that it seems the tempature is lagging behind the rpm but this could be true and it takes a fews second for temp to reach the fin and temperature sensor .
The first sensor is connect with rpm sensor and i noticed that at the near the end when rpm peaks up the temp go up just after the rpm and take a few seconds when rpm is down for the temp to cool down . Seems the engine is heat soaked near the end of the flight and temps responed quicker than when you first started flying session.

Rusty 73

100cc
OK, I have learned so much from this radio, and our airplanes.

YEs, when we are flying, as you fly level, there is a relative less load on the airplane, and as you climb, or do an up-line, the rpm will sag down, and the motor will heat up more, then on a down line, rpm goes down, and then load decreases, then temp comes down. Most interesting, lets s ay I am flying hard, IMAC flying, once I set up to land the airplane, while it is still in the air, i throttle down, and am flying to make my approach, this is when the motor really cools down. Most people like to check the temp when landing with a thermal heat gun sensor, but I know, from this, that the moment you land the airplane, the temp has dropped by 50 degrees or more.

Very correct the cylinder temp sensors provide the best real time info to the pilot . Its amazing the temps won't go up more when your at 100F outside tempature .:oblong:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks for taking the time to explain the graphs and all, learning all the time. Sure opening up new fields in this hobby. I do agree that sometimes to much info can be overwhelming but the more info you have the better judgment calls you can make. Trying to keep up with hobby can get expensive at times. But looking at the possibilities of that radio makes it very interesting.

Rusty 73

100cc
Yes Snoopy thats why i went with Jeti jet about three years ago haven't been able to fly much the last two with family taking care of my Mom but this year i will be flying more . Yes i had the same problem with adjusting to the cost:money_talks: but this TX with last for years and you won't have to upgrade for a few years .
Jeti is more affordable than Futaba or Jr 28 `top radio , which are several hundreds more dollars and have the same or less functions with Futaba Jr radio .
I'm just like you, going to School every time i open up the radio and all the possible features that can be used can be VERY overwhelming and beneficial .

Radio's have change alot in the last 10 and 15 years were all we worried about was endpoint and how much expo was to used and endpoint adjustment.
Remember i have been out off this hobby, not flying for over nearly twenty years and just got back into after my father passed away . So in the last five years i had to relearn everything about radio and the equipment what can be used .
No lying It's been a challage:gnashing: to get up to full speed but these forums and flyers that do these posts and threads have help me alot , especial guys like Orthobird and you and TerryCustoms have gien back to the hobby through these post in these forums .:attaboy:

Last edited:

thurmma

150cc
Hey Cam,

Could you take a picture of the sensor locations on your 200 in the Carden please? those temps are like 80 to 100 degrees cooler than what my 180 is running. I know my temps are ok but, it seems like your engine is just barely warming up and you may be losing a lot of power because of it :)