• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Double Build, Carden Pro 124" Extra 300 40%

great news, Just got home from work, and this was waiting for me:

IMG_1125.JPG

these will be used for the wing bolts!
Got them from Jtec!!

Great product!

I will still place an anti=rotation pin towards the rear of the wing root though.

Hello Wayne, unlike our Dalton, the Carden Pro rear wing bolt is way more forward than it is on the Dalton wing. So there is no support of the rear wing root. Let me take a picture of this, so you will see what I mean.

Hi Wayne, I think I understand your question now. I will not be using the Jtec incidence adjuster. I will set my incidence to zero at the wing and stab, however, I was looking for this type of stud, that, it has a smooth round threaded standoff, such that, when the wing is put on and off, the threads will not have contact with the wood of the fuselage. The threaded standoff will be the contact with the fuselage hole. Once I get it installed, I believe you will get a better Idea of what I am doing. Now, with the Dalton, Tony includes in the kit this nylon round bushing, which basically does the same principle. To prevent the stud from eroding the wood, and thus, potentially losing the incidence.

The reason why I had used the JTEC incidence adjusters is because static adjustment of the incidence at 0 degrees and actual flight may result in a need to trim ailerons to fly wings level. With the adjusters, a pilot can then adjust the incidence so that both ailerons are even with the wing root.

I thought that was why you got them... But I now see you had other reasons. What do you do if you end up with a few clicks of aileron trim to fly level? I guess most people just keep flying with the trim in.
W

ROLLERMAN

70cc twin V2
Cam,

Wayne and I just talked about this very thing a few days ago, on my Pro I'm carrying about three clicks of right aileron trim and so far it seems to NOT roll at any speed, but then again I only have ten flights on it and it has been fairly windy. I would suggest to use the Jtec incidence adjusters as what they are intended for, to make small adjustments to fine tune the incidence. You can spend hours setting up the incidence but until you fly it you will not be 100% sure. I myself may go back and add them later. My 2cents Fly it, small adjustments till you are happy then add the anti rotation stud.

Keep it up, you are doing a great Job and By the way here is my address to send that kit to me.

841 Erika Ln Grovetown GA, 30813 AND YOU THOUGHT I WAS JOKING!!!!! :D