• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

EF 60 Laser

If you already have the 3300s or 3700s in 6S form, the Scorpion set up is the way to go. You can get a 500kV motor and back down on ESC size a little, to 90A. I went overboard on power, as I knew I wanted a little more than what the standard power system has. Plus, it will turn the 16x7 with ease. You may not like the performance with the 16x8 on the 500kV motor.

You would be adding about 30 secs of flight time by dropping down to the 500kV motor.

I know it's an el-cheapo motor but @Yak Attack turned me on to it. He's running this in his 60" laser and I'm running it in my 60" Yak.
http://www.nitroplanes.com/86mc451-4120-515kv.html

At our field we've had a spate of bad luck with the Airboss ESCs so we're all moving away from them.

He's running a Castle Talon 90 and I'm running an el-cheapo 90 AMP esc from Nitro Planes or Hobby Partz.

The motor is sensitive in the mid-range and we've both put in throttle curves to flatten out the mid-range and make hovering much smoother. Otherwise they've been quite solid for us.

I know it's an el-cheapo motor but @Yak Attack turned me on to it. He's running this in his 60" laser and I'm running it in my 60" Yak.
http://www.nitroplanes.com/86mc451-4120-515kv.html

At our field we've had a spate of bad luck with the Airboss ESCs so we're all moving away from them.

He's running a Castle Talon 90 and I'm running an el-cheapo 90 AMP esc from Nitro Planes or Hobby Partz.

The motor is sensitive in the mid-range and we've both put in throttle curves to flatten out the mid-range and make hovering much smoother. Otherwise they've been quite solid for us.
It's actually in my Edge, but it's still a gnarly motor.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Alky6

150cc
So what's the consensus on battery size for this airframe? To fly precision and some 3d? 3300,3700,4000 mAh (6s) on the torque 4016 motor combo? Thoughts?
thanks!