• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

EG 100cc Slick 540 from Aztech Aeromodels

3dbandit

100cc
Intermediate. Maybe I'll do unlimited next year. Since it's my first year doing any IMAC I figured intermediate would be a good place for me to start.

If it is your first IMAC season, I would really consider starting in sportsman. I understand that the intermediate maneuvers are very doable, but you are competing against people who have more precision experience.

Remember that you can always move up in class, but never down!

3dRCparts.com

70cc twin V2
Intermediate will be a cake walk for Joe, I've been flying with a guy practicing the unlimited sequence and love this years reversing 270 half roll circle.

hone

150cc
Thanks for the advice, Jacob. Hopefully I didn't get myself in over my head but I feel even if I'm coming in last place this is the class I'd like to fly in.

Thanks, Ole. Let me know when you want to come out and fly.

Got my graphics on today!
uploadfromtaptalk1401243919767.jpg

hone

150cc
I've been flying my Slick with a Falcon CF 27x11 for a little while now and for my style it's my favorite prop. It adds a nice amount of energy to tumbles over the 29x9, I can get an extra rotation in crankshafts and pop tops. The 27x11 is a pretty nice all around prop. Good speed and down line braking is also nice. So it'll be great for IMAC but it still works great for 3D. Azhar, you should try the 27x11. It's fun :)

Today I got 4 flights. My engine is still breaking in as I'm going to have to lean the low again. It's hauling the Slick around nicely though. Hopefully I can get some good video of the Slick soon. Maybe this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:

hone

150cc
Joe, did you compete IMAC in Lodi last weekend?
Nope. I cracked one of my mufflers and my replacement didn't make it in time unfortunately.
I was just watching your video of your new gasser. We have to get together and fly again soon. I just remembered I have a wedding to go to this weekend but Friday, Monday mornings, and the weekend are usually best for me.

3dRCparts.com

70cc twin V2
yes we do, got my first gasser going (only 5 flights) and already have 2 more in the build (addition is strong), I bought Daniel/Michaels 88 EF extra (flew with Daniel this past Wednesday in Santa Rosa, fun day) and I just bought a 104 EF extra from a friend. I'll text you, we are going to oregon from the 3-10th, but you can come out or I can come to fairfield, no problem