• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

EG 100cc Slick 540 from Aztech Aeromodels

hone

150cc
Was out flying this afternoon and I had a great time. Very low wind but it was a little hot. The Slick is flying great. I ordered a plane wrapper from B&E today after getting home. Hopefully it does a good job protecting my plane.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Joe, saw you're running the 27x11 now. You mentioned great downline breaking... not something I'd suspect when transitioning from your bigger 29x9 prop.

Does the plane really slow down nicely for landing and such as well?

Thinking about ordering a 27x11.

hone

150cc
Joe, saw you're running the 27x11 now. You mentioned great downline breaking... not something I'd suspect when transitioning from your bigger 29x9 prop.

Does the plane really slow down nicely for landing and such as well?

Thinking about ordering a 27x11.

I think the 29x9 was making too much thrust on my downline even at low idle compared to the 27x11. I haven't had any issues with landing speed, I just switch to my low idle and it comes it perfect.

You'll probably like it for your style. A lot of top pilots like Gabby, Jase, Daniel, and Seth run the 27x11. I think Spencer Nordquist flies a 28x10. Falcon makes some great props. The 27x11 will give you the speed you like for doing poptops :)

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
I think the 29x9 was making too much thrust on my downline even at low idle compared to the 27x11. I haven't had any issues with landing speed, I just switch to my low idle and it comes it perfect.

You'll probably like it for your style. A lot of top pilots like Gabby, Jase, Daniel, and Seth run the 27x11. I think Spencer Nordquist flies a 28x10. Falcon makes some great props. The 27x11 will give you the speed you like for doing poptops :)

I'm sold... I'll pick one up :)

I like my other falcons a lot, so I'm sure this one won't disappoint either.

hone

150cc
Installed some Secraft battery trays in my Slick today. They're really light weight and look awesome. Perfect for holding my 5200 relions.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Installed some Secraft battery trays in my Slick today. They're really light weight and look awesome. Perfect for holding my 5200 relions.

Nice! Can you share a pic with us? Also, I've been wondering about your the club issues you were having. Did you find a 3D home yet? Really hope you can still make the MonsterFest/3DBASH! We've got lights for Friday and Saturday night as well as a pool to cool down in! It's on the property and it's sweet! (Not a blow up one either!)

hone

150cc
Oh yeah I'll be at the 3d bash for sure. That and huck fest are my vacation this year. Looking forward to it though.

I did find a new club and it's been awesome. They're not much into 3d but they have no problem with it and really enjoy watching it. uploadfromtaptalk1404183249318.jpg View attachment 24850

hone

150cc
Yet another beautiful day at the field! Wish I could have got some video.

The plane is all ready for huckfest and 3dbash. I picked up a few more fromeco 5200s from Azhar so now I have a second to keep me flying all day. uploadfromtaptalk1404684085530.jpg