• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

EG 100cc Slick 540 from Aztech Aeromodels

hone

150cc
Baffling is done

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380999462823.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380999462823.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 270

hone

150cc
Ran the fuel lines and installed the throttle servo. You can use the supplied hole but I decided to use a SpotOnRC side servo mount. Also got the prop drilled today.

I still have to install the rudder servos, badger switches, cut my spinner, and get some graphics on it.

By the way, if anyone in my area wants to get a test flight after I get it flying just let me know and we'll see what we can do :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381031806490.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381031806490.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 268
  • uploadfromtaptalk1381031815333.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381031815333.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 249
  • uploadfromtaptalk1381031823487.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381031823487.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 217
  • uploadfromtaptalk1381031830902.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381031830902.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 226
  • uploadfromtaptalk1381031838963.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381031838963.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 248

gyro

GSN Contributor
Ran the fuel lines and installed the throttle servo. You can use the supplied hole but I decided to use a SpotOnRC side servo mount. Also got the prop drilled today.

I still have to install the rudder servos, badger switches, cut my spinner, and get some graphics on it.

By the way, if anyone in my area wants to get a test flight after I get it flying just let me know and we'll see what we can do :)

You know you can trim the vent line right? :p

gyro

GSN Contributor
Cool, what did you glue it in with, CA? We never baffled Aaron's 104 and will do it this winter. We've seen it done with the light weight ply from the craft store and then paint it but foam sounds easier to work with.

I recently had some foam melt in my cowl. I had used some of the white foam that my engine came in, cut a long piece, wrapped it around the ignition, and cinched it down to the side of the firewall. Believe it or not, the heat in the cowl melted the foam. This happened in my 72" and 87" Extras. I now use a different foam that isn't as heat sensitive.... Joe, have you checked the melting point?

I recently had some foam melt in my cowl. I had used some of the white foam that my engine came in, cut a long piece, wrapped it around the ignition, and cinched it down to the side of the firewall. Believe it or not, the heat in the cowl melted the foam. This happened in my 72" and 87" Extras. I now use a different foam that isn't as heat sensitive.... Joe, have you checked the melting point?

I saw that the Holmans used depron in their cowls as baffle and wondered about that since most depron is so easy to crack and the air hitting the baffles could produce quite a bit of force. All the foam we've ever had under a cowl holding an ignition or ignition battery has been replaced a couple times. Fuel might cause problems for certain foams but in theory I guess the shouldn't be fuel in front of the motor... but you gotta figure, if it can happen, 3D flying will help it happen... may still go with wood for baffle but foam looks so attractive because of being easy to work with, do over etc... sorry for the hi-jack...

hone

150cc
I saw the foam being used in the 104 Extra build video. I didn't trust the heat resistance so I tested it by holding a lighter up to it. Held up good to that :)