• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

EG 100cc Slick 540 from Aztech Aeromodels

hone

150cc
Oh, and yes I just used thin CA to attach it to the cowl. Looks better from the front than the back. From the front you can barely tell it's there.

hone

150cc
More pics....Cut my spinner to fit my 29x9 and installed my fiber optic kill switch.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381258111571.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381258111571.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 254
  • uploadfromtaptalk1381258122721.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381258122721.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 295

3dbandit

100cc
I saw the foam being used in the 104 Extra build video. I didn't trust the heat resistance so I tested it by holding a lighter up to it. Held up good to that :)

I have always used that foam for the baffling in my planes and have had great success with it.

It doesn't melt but it will eventually be shaped by the heat of the engine depending on how close it is to the motor fins.

hone

150cc
I have always used that foam for the baffling in my planes and have had great success with it.

It doesn't melt but it will eventually be shaped by the heat of the engine depending on how close it is to the motor fins.

Sounds good. Did you have the foam touching the fins?

3dbandit

100cc
Sounds good. Did you have the foam touching the fins?

No. The fins were hot enough to cause the foam to take shape.

Here is how close i had it.
IMG_0356.jpg

I did trim the foam after this pic was taken so no foam touched the engine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Azhar

50cc
"I go to school 7 hours a day and can fly like this, what's your excuse?"

can't teach old dogs new tricks......:D

hone

150cc
:)

I got to run my GP 123 tonight. Starts easy and sounds sweet. Lot of POWER!!! Can't wait to fly it :D