• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Extreme Flight 104 Extra 300

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
It's worth a shot to see if the split ailerons help with the precision flight. I've heard that it can help smooth out the air flow to the elevators and tames down the aileron response. If it does then great but the next question becomes will it help me fly better........LOL?

Had I not been able to purchase the spare 104" parts, at a pretty attractive price, I would not have spent $450 on a new set of wings to experiment with.

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Just a test fit with new hinges and aileron before I start to cover the wing. The aileron split turned out pretty good.

Left Aileron Split.jpg

balsa

50cc
This thing is going to be supper smooth. I want to do split aileron on my next build. I think that split ailerons will smooth out servos binding some too.

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Wow..........good thing I'm doing this for myself, when it comes to covering I'm slow..........LOL. Made some good progress over the past several days, left wing is covered and ready to go. I will seal the hinge gap but that won't take long to do.

I need a break from covering, I think I'll work on repairing a couple of places on the spare cowl and then get it ready to split.

Bottom LW.jpg
Top LW.jpg

camss69

70cc twin V2
Has anyone got a nice axle/wheel upgrade they are using? I'm using the stock axles and the standard du-bro wheels and I apparently didn't have a correct size drill bit for the stock axles so there's more play (wobbles) than I would like. I don't mind replacing the axles too if someone has found something that fits the pre-drilled holes in the landing gear...

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
White Rose Engineering, Pilot has some "cool" wheels. I flew my 104 today and noticed a lot of wobble in the panst when landing on grass. I think a lot of it is the carbon gear twisting flexing if the stock wheels wobble on the axle. Sullivan makes a nice aluminum hub 5"wheel too.
I am going to see if I can machine a housing in the wheel hubs that will take a 8mm x 4mm ball bearing with a good fit to the axles and eliminate any wobble or binding.

balsa

50cc
Wow..........good thing I'm doing this for myself, when it comes to covering I'm slow..........LOL. Made some good progress over the past several days, left wing is covered and ready to go. I will seal the hinge gap but that won't take long to do.
It may seem slow but at least your covering looks good.
Looking forward to seeing what you think of the spilt ailerons.