• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Extreme Flight 104 Extra 300

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
On the others I make, the hatch is rectangular so you can mount it box up or down. The EF has a tapered front edge so it is not reversible. I could make an "up" version for anyone with a couple of mouse clicks if requested. DLE versions as well.

AEROSHELDON

70cc twin V2
Hit the field today and had some fun! Had some Blackhawks flying close, this pic is from my SUV as I was pulling in....
IMG_0159.JPG
IMG_0162.JPG
IMG_0163.JPG

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
I have a new, smaller vehicle as my daily driver, a Chevy Equinox so I am going to have to take the stabs off and on to transport it. This precludes Locktite etc. I'm worried about the M3 stab screws backing off. Here is a possible idea, with a printed and epoxy'ed plastic knob over a M3 socket head, and use a baby pin to lock thru the holes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 309

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
I take my stabs off quite frequently as well. I have had good luck with bonded washers but I keep a ball driver in my pocket and check stabs every 1-2 flights and they have rarely ever moved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Neat idea but like others I have never had an issue using rubber washers underneath the steel washers. Even the canopy.

Speaking of canopy! Now here if you could engineer a quick release like a quarter turn device that would be awesome. I hate two canopy screws much less SIX!

hbollier

70cc twin V2
Neat idea but like others I have never had an issue using rubber washers underneath the steel washers. Even the canopy.

Speaking of canopy! Now here if you could engineer a quick release like a quarter turn device that would be awesome. I hate two canopy screws much less SIX!
49dimes, I fly electric so removing the canopy is a frequent occurrence. On a slipstream 30cc RV8 I removed the blind nuts for the canopy screws and glued in magnets to hold the canopy screws. Huge improvement for me.