• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Extreme Flight 104 Extra 300

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Finally, was able to maiden my Extra yesterday along with three additional flights. Dang thing was locked in right off the deck; flawless for the four flights. Must of had linkages, control surfaces and CG set pretty good from assembly as I only needed to give one click of aileron trim.

For the maiden wind was 15-20mph but straight down the runway. Not the ideal conditions to trim the plane for precision flying. I'd say it is slightly tail heavy right now as I can fly a 45 degree inverted line for 5 to 6 seconds before the plane will start to ever so slightly sink to the canopy and stall to a spin seems to be a little mushy. Also, KE has just a bit of pull to the gear in either direction. I didn't do anything yesterday to adjust CG.........next time out. However, snaps are crisp, vertical uplines/downlines have no drift to the canopy/gear, point rolls are precise, and the Extra absolutely goes where you fly it. Once I'm able to work through the Peter Goldsmith trimming process this is going to make a great IMAC plane for me.

The covering scheme looks great in the air but is probably not ideally suited for IMAC flying, at least not for my tired old eyes. So over the next few flight I'll be looking at the Extra in the air and trying to decide if there are some easy mods to the existing covering I can do to help me see more distinct lines.

The Extra is matched up with the GP123 on stock mufflers with a Falcon 28X10 CF prop. Only have about 0.6 gallons thru it at this point, it's going to be a powerhouse! From the maiden to the end of the fourth flight, there was a noticeable change in the engine performance without any adjustment to the H and L needles. I think the rings are already starting to seat-in nicely. No thrust or rpm numbers, will get some when I hit the 1 gallon mark.

Last edited:

Geno

70cc twin V2
Enjoying my 104"

Attachments

• a7787897-251-IMG_2235.jpeg
    a7787897-251-IMG_2235.jpeg
    65.1 KB · Views: 237
  • a7786949-19-14294758635681392888685.jpeg
    a7786949-19-14294758635681392888685.jpeg
    107.5 KB · Views: 230
  • a7787905-53-IMG_2254.jpeg
    a7787905-53-IMG_2254.jpeg
    82.6 KB · Views: 232

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
As long as the "Breeze through my hair" Uhm wait....."Bald spot" is not a TORNADO I will be hauling the 104 out for some shake down and tuning adjustments on the DA 120. Did I mention a TORNADO decided to stroll across my property Like I could have gone and walked a couple hundred feet in to it! Chalk it up to prepping my nerve with the 104!

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Made a small covering change at the field today........removed the "inboard" red splinters from each wing. Seems to help me when flying my IMAC sequence; the red made the top of the wing a little dark for my taste. Now with the larger white area I'm seeing the plane better when the canopy is towards me, especially when the Extra is down range from me during turn-a-round figures.

Wing Covering.jpg