• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Extreme Flight 104 Extra 300

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
LOL..........RTFM!

Thanks, I'll DL the manual, still waiting on my plane; shipped on the 18th, should be here this week.

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Ha.......checked the PRO number earlier today and it showed leaving the SAIA terminal in Salt Lake City this morning.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
It will all be a faint memory after you get it. This is Chris's way of telling you that you need to finish that Crack Yak ;)

camss69

70cc twin V2
If a anyone is interested I have a set of wings with tube and stock wing bag, a set of stabs with stab tube, and a canopy. The wings have very slight damage where the wheel pants hit extremely easy to fix just a little dent and a scrape all on the bottom. The stabs and canopy look good. All red color scheme. This was a friends plane that kind of hit chin first and busted the motor box off. He scrapped it and gave me the parts. I'm in the Sacramento area and would accept any reasonable offer just don't want to ship, local pickup.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
@orthobird I know you have been anxious about the cooling temps the duct work provides but sad to say numbers through telemetry will be postponed even longer until I can get my new radio (Futaba 14sg) back.

Here are some pics I just took showing how clean and new looking the engine still is and no signs of any kind of heat stress. Engine just fully broke in on me last time out. About 7 gallons of fuel through it. The dark residue you see at the exhaust ports is hardened gasket sealer that has been there since I installed the headers to the engine. Appears the system works exceptionally well with out having to gut the bottom.

Attachments

• Photo210.jpg
    Photo210.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 376
  • Photo211.jpg
    Photo211.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 335
  • Photo212.jpg
    Photo212.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 366
  • Photo213.jpg
    Photo213.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 367

camss69

70cc twin V2
Something the guys at my field have been doing, that I have yet to do, but looks pretty awesome on this plane is pin striping the covering, it really makes it pop! On the red I've seen them use gold and silver on the blue scheme. Here is a pic of the red with gold, these are the wings and stabs that were given to me. I think the gold on the red/black looks AWESOME and the silver on the blue looks really good too... I'm thinking I'm going to do it, just gotta find the time. They are using automotive pin-striping from the auto parts store, it's WAY cheaper than buying ultracote or monokote pin-striping..

Attachments

• 20140703_193406448_iOS.jpg
    20140703_193406448_iOS.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 351
  • 20140703_192750690_iOS.jpg
    20140703_192750690_iOS.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 371
Camms that is some tidy insides you got there. Nice wiring.

I just ordered all the stuff needed to build my plane. Tower has free shipping and $15 off a $90 order so that was nice.

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
I'll be starting my assembly soon; my Extra 300 was finally delivered this past Monday.

I picked up some parts for the 104" Extra from a pilot that recently pancaked his in. Fuse and elevators are pretty busted up but the canopy with instrument panel/pilot are in very good condition. Also came with the SFG's and one wheel pant and two wheels. Cowl was included but will need some fiberglass work and paint. Mainly purchased the parts for the two wings; R wing is perfect and the L wing had a LG/wheel pant punch through the covering and mess up a rib.

EF Parts.JPG

I'm going to split the ailerons on the two wings. I'll start with the outboard aileron for control surface and have the inboard fixed. If I don't like the performance I'll setup the inboard aileron as well. I'm also going to change the outboard servo from the horizontal surface mount to a vertical internal mount covered by an access hatch. I think those look much cleaner on the bottom of the wing. Once done I'll recover in red/white/black with a scheme that is more IMAC friendly to my eyes, I like straighter lines on the fuse and wings.

I'm impressed with the structure of the EF wing. Almost every balsa/ply joint that I can see is laser cut with either a dove tail or locking tab assembly. There are also four carbon fiber "stringers" (two top of wing, two bottom of wing" that run on both sides of the wing tube from the wing root to the wing tip. Another thing, the wing tube sleeve is completely boxed in. I'm not an engineer but the construction looks awesome.........great job EF.

Once I repair the cowl I'm going to attempt to split it into upper/lower halves. Having seen several done on GSN it doesn't seem overly difficult.

Extra 300 L Wing.JPG