• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 104 Extra

wedoitall

I've both 91" and 104" now. IMO, for my flying style, the 91" is best in it's class. I will have to get back to you on the 104" only because I have just 4 flights on it. But I would anticipate it being that as well. All though, I truly love my 104 Slick.

Yea definitely interested on how you like it. One day ill have a couple 100"ers

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
I like the 104" way better than the 91". It is cleaner in precision/IMAC and I think it does crazy/harder 3D than the little one. And the power to weight ratio is way way better. This is comparing my 104" with a DA120 and mufflers to my Dad's 91" DA 60 and pitts muffler. The one thing the 91" does better than almost any plane I can think of is the constant roll rate even in a really deep rolling harrier. It is like flying a giant Crack Yak in rollers.

Building a EF Extra 104" trying to decide on Savox 1230SG or 1231SG Any suggestions

1230 for rudder and 1231 for ailerons / elevators will work great
If you want awesome performance 1270TG for ailerons / elevators and 2230 or 2231 for rudder. This setup is sick:cool:

gyro

GSN Contributor
1230 for rudder and 1231 for ailerons / elevators will work great
If you want awesome performance 1270TG for ailerons / elevators and 2230 or 2231 for rudder. This setup is sick:cool:

My pleasure!
My 104 is getting the SV-1270 all around except the rudder, which is getting the SB-2231 for the extra torque.
Hoping to start building next weekend.

Sweet! I was hoping it would be... do you have that setup on one of your planes?

Diggity

70cc twin V2
I'm running Savox 1270's in the ailerons, Savox 2270's in the elevator, Savox 1268's (2) in the rudder, and Savox 2271 in the throttle (total overkill on the throttle but I got it at cost). You ask, why the smorgasbord of Savox servos? Well, I got the 104 in a trade with a buddy. In the trade, I got (2) 1268's and (2) 2270's. I bought the (4) 1270's because I wanted to try them out and I knew I needed a lot of torque for the ailerons.