• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 76/83" MXS

hone

150cc
Well Joe, that plane looks like it flys pretty well. That is to say you fly pretty well, but heck you already know that ;) That knife edge to Wall at 6:51 is pretty snazzy! It looks like it didn't take long for you to get 100% comfortable with that plane. I do have a question, with the runway just a few feet away, why do you land in that dirt?

Again great flying, thanks for posting the video. A tip for the camera man is to set the lens at infinity --> ∞ <---- and the lens to the max aperture f-16-f-22 and manual focus (so it wont hunt for focus). This way the plane will remain in focus most of the time as long as he/she is 25 to 30 feet away from the plane.

Thank you, Tom :) For the complement on the flying and advice for the camera. I'll definitely try that next time I get a chance to film.

I just like landing in the dirt sometimes. When I do regular landings I usually land on the runway though. The field was recently cleaned up a little (cutting grass and pulling weeds) so the dirt is a little nicer to land on than usual.

AKfreak

150cc
Joe, I thought you landed in the dirt just to show me the wheel pants are sturdy with one screw, DOH! Just kidding Joe, you have to come to Vegas someday and take these boys to school, namely me!

AKfreak

150cc
UltraCote, True RedHANU866
UltraCote, WhiteHANU870
UltraCote, Midnight BlueHANU88
Just in case you are wondering what covering is used for the RW&B version of this plane. AKf

AKfreak

150cc
I fired my MXS up for the first time tonight. The RX LED on the receiver must be bad, it flickers off and on when the motor is running. Wow, the DA50 on that plane is a beast. It pulled harder than any plane I have ever stood in front of. It actually put dents in the back of my legs.

I'll fix the Led issue, button up some wiring, and I'll go fly it as as soon as I can. The mother in law is in town so I have to the family thing for a few days.

AKfreak

150cc
AKfreak, where did you end up placing your batteries?

Behind the RX which sis behind the Rudder Servo. I haven't tested yet, but I wonder how long I will get on these packs.
15485713619_4653550401_h.jpg

If those are glacier 2600 2s, then I know it only last for 4 flights on a single as that is what killed my 92 last week as the other bat had a connector failure early in the day that I did not detect. That plane has a covered canopy floor so you can't see the lights. Another nail in the Spektrum coffin for me as the Jeti has RX voltage telemetry built in.

SnowDog

I"m guessing the packs are approx. 2600mah packs? I can fly four 15min flights on my 89" Extra on those packs before they end up at 3.8v per cell, so I would think your results should be similar.