• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Extreme Flight 78" Extra

hbollier

70cc twin V2
I think I got it. I made the changer noted above and it seemed to run OK without cutting out. Flying will be the test. All I need is some dry weather.

hbollier

70cc twin V2
It is not fixed! Same thing today. Runs up on the ground. Once in the air it starts cutting out at high throttle and gets progressively worse. When plugged in to the Castle link it periodically lost the link. Me thinks there is a loose wire in the ESC.

hbollier

70cc twin V2
Swapped out to a known good ESC, same brand and same model. I got 6 good flights today. A little windy to start trimming, but started getting comfortable with it. So far nothing but big grins!

Last edited:

hbollier

70cc twin V2
Spent some time on the phone troubleshooting with Castle. When we went through the logs there were points where the throttle signal would drop to unusually low levels. With the throttle cut activated which is normally the lowest signal the log showed 1.268. There were several points where signal would drop to 0.5. It would do this sometimes in the middle of a throttle up sequence. Some times it did this with the throttle cut engaged. What made it finally sink in was reading through PMs and remembering that it even lost connection with the Castle Link when reading the logs. I checked the pins in the signal line, they are very loose. Now it's time to crimp new pins and run some tests.