• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Extreme Flight 78" Extra

hbollier

70cc twin V2
Spot on V2 arms arrived today and were installed. In other good news, the Gorilla Glue that got on the covering comes off very easy with debonder.

I will be installing the pull cables shortly and then it is time to figure out the dual elevator servos. This is the first time I work with them and the end points are not the same. Looks like I will need to play with the arms and get one of the sub trims closer to zero.

Tips are welcome.

hbollier

70cc twin V2
Lesson #2 for today: don't crimp a power pole over a tinned battery lead on a castle ESC. The connector pulled off while I was programming the radio. Got her all programmed up with dual rates and expo suggested in the manual. It looks like the elevator halves are working in unison, so that is a plus. Waiting on power poles to arrive. I can't find one in the entire shop! Patience grasshopper.

hbollier

70cc twin V2
So quickly, this is how I did my programming with a Futaba 12FG. Measured the deflection on all surfaces. When unequal, the surface with the most movement was reduced to match the opposite by using the end point function. The AFR function was then used to set the rates according to the manual. I was initially concerned about then two servo setup on the elevators but the speed and deflection seem to match. So now it is time to fly.

I do have one elevator servo that took considerably more sub trim than the other. It seems I am more than 1 tooth from neutral and I may spend some time adjusting that before the first flight.

The Spot On V2 arms fit much better than the Hangar 9 arms. The wobble I saw with the H9 is gone. The unopened packs are definitely going back to LHS. Aztech was super quick getting them out the door. I ordered on Saturday and received them on Monday.

f0f3abf699ebec6b4aa5bb9103cbf0b9.jpg

hbollier

70cc twin V2
It Flies! Just one flight. Tried yesterday but the rain caught me. Had to go early to beat the rain, but got it up and trimmed for straight and level. Now the trim work begins.