• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Guys,
I know this may seem a loaded question, but I'm planning a DA120 powered airframe in 2014 and asking for an honest opinion between the EF 104" extra and the 3dhs 103 Extra330.

I'm sure both are great airframes, I've seen the EF 104 flying in IMAC and freestyle first hand, but not seen the 3DHS 103 extra 330 anywhere in Aus.

Without starting a thread war, what's everyones opinion between the two.

Considering that I am planning on using for IMAC and freestyle but my first and primary luv is 3D hucking of course.

I have the EF 91" and as great as it is, I find it a little underpowered on DA60/RE2 pipe, from what I understand the DA120 on the 104" airframe is much higher power to weight ratio.

I have the DA70 on my EF 88" edge on a carbon Vess 24B and its insanely powerful, and I hope to get something in that ball park power wise.

wedoitall

So I'm in the stab part of the build. I normally measure off the wing tube to align it before glueing it. I thought I would get technical with this one. Does anyone measure from more than the wing tube? I'm also using a pitch gauge and a level this time also.

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
So I'm in the stab part of the build. I normally measure off the wing tube to align it before glueing it. I thought I would get technical with this one. Does anyone measure from more than the wing tube? I'm also using a pitch gauge and a level this time also.

I assume you building a 60" plane.

I always fully mount the wings first either with or without ailerons, then measure from the extreme edge of each trailing edge.

Seems to work fine.

danielph

50cc
As I recently posted in the 104 thread, I've flown just about everything and can confidently say that the Extreme Flight 104" Extra 300 is the best airplane available in its class. The 3DHS is a good 3D airplane, but that's about all that can be said for it. The EF is the total package!

I always measure and align my stab from the wing tube.

Diggity

70cc twin V2
Guys,
I know this may seem a loaded question, but I'm planning a DA120 powered airframe in 2014 and asking for an honest opinion between the EF 104" extra and the 3dhs 103 Extra330.

I'm sure both are great airframes, I've seen the EF 104 flying in IMAC and freestyle first hand, but not seen the 3DHS 103 extra 330 anywhere in Aus.

Without starting a thread war, what's everyones opinion between the two.

Considering that I am planning on using for IMAC and freestyle but my first and primary luv is 3D hucking of course.

I have the EF 91" and as great as it is, I find it a little underpowered on DA60/RE2 pipe, from what I understand the DA120 on the 104" airframe is much higher power to weight ratio.

I have the DA70 on my EF 88" edge on a carbon Vess 24B and its insanely powerful, and I hope to get something in that ball park power wise.

I have owned both the 103 and the 104(currently) First, which one I would recommend . The 104 Extra, hands down. Why, because it has the best of both worlds. Amazing at high energy maneuvers, and amazing at low and slow 3D.

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Thanks guys. appreciate the feedback.

Looks like its the ef for me.

Plus we can get spares down here for ef kits, not so for 3dhs kits.