• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

skibum44

70cc twin V2
Well it started out as a hold the cowl together until I get a replacement from EF... but as started sanding I realized how strong I made it. So I took a little more time sanding and sanding. I built up the cracked areas with epoxy by filling in the cracks and getting into the fiber that was exposed. Pretty much sanded all of the epoxy away leaving some where the cowl was missing pieces. I was surprised but it really didn't add to much weight over the original weight. Anyways I spent way more time sanding then was worth my time just ordering a new one, but I didn't want to be without my plane. Some experts may say epoxy isn't the right material to use and I would agree, but it is what I had at the time and I didn't want to spend more on the fancy auto body stuff that would have costed more then a new one anyway. This however would be a option for me if it was say a 100CC cowl that was $80 or so. After sanding I painted with a high gloss white primer/paint form home depot and buffed to give it a better shine.

Buick Mackane

70cc twin V2
thanks bryansifso44. i have a 60" extra with a similar situation. i'm going to give this a try. thanks for sharing your repair method.

skibum44

70cc twin V2
Well I broke down and ordered the Laser in red today... will be pulling my gear out of my 57" Extra to throw in her. Excited for it.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Well I broke down and ordered the Laser in red today... will be pulling my gear out of my 57" Extra to throw in her. Excited for it.

I don't think there is one unhappy customer. Not one bad or even nearly disparaging remark about it.
Enjoy. It is the best 60" class plane I've flown. I think that goes for a lot of people.