• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

SteveT.

100cc
i wish it would hurry up and happen i think in the long run it would benefit the 3d community to be on a unified forum dedicated to what they do instead the mess that passes for a forum over there.

Well...as 3DRC staff is not allowed to mention 3DFCForums on RCG, and....the "powers that be", tend to get a little up-tight about other members posting stuff about it there also....May I suggest, that you and other Extreme Flight aficionados start a "PM" campaign telling more folks about the Extreme Flight forum here.... I believe they would enjoy themselves here, and there would certainly be less drama....

SteveT

Last edited by a moderator:

Luv3d

70cc twin V2
I re-maidened a 60"Edge yesterday. It spent about 1.5 hours floating in a pond a few months back. It looks pathetic. Covering isn't pretty. Decals are curled up. When the speed control cooked off, it released a bunch of oily, black residue that's all over the inside. You can see wood grain that swelled under the covering. Etc., etc., etc...

IT FLIES AWESOME!! This airframe is going to take me to the next level. It's so ugly that I'm completely emotionally unattached and I think that's what I need most right now. Like Luv3d and the honeybadger...I just don't care...

:clap: now THAT is funny! :thumbup:

Guys,
Post some more pics from eNall, if possible. hone1er's are great- thanks!
Higher Plane Productions has lots of pics and video. Here's a link to the eWeek photo gallery (which is free)
Of course, if you join up you can also check out (and download, to have forever, if you want) lots of extremely good HiDef videos from all the popular RC events.
Not to mention all the other tidbits, humorous bits/interviews/etc. Fred tosses in there that you simply won't find anywhere else.

Here's a couple shots of my planes, if you can spot them... that Fred posted at the other place:

View attachment 1990View attachment 1991

Sweet pics there CW! Can't wait to get to Triple Tree again!

On the EF topic, our first EF plane is on the way... proud to have gotten one from the new container. Lucky we were on the e-mail list.

Oh yeah, 104" Extra in the Blue Red Wihite scheme... Have the DA 120 already. Also have 2 RE2 pies and a Pitts. Can't decide on which to use as we may put smoke in it and the Pitts may be more reliable. Please share your thoughts on the rest of your 100cc setup if you have one. How about the B&E graphics? Anyone do anything different than those or try the flames from the universal page on their site?

gyro

GSN Contributor
Higher Plane Productions has lots of pics and video. Here's a link to the eWeek photo gallery (which is free)
Of course, if you join up you can also check out (and download, to have forever, if you want) lots of extremely good HiDef videos from all the popular RC events.
Not to mention all the other tidbits, humorous bits/interviews/etc. Fred tosses in there that you simply won't find anywhere else.

Here's a couple shots of my planes, if you can spot them... that Fred posted at the other place:

View attachment 1990View attachment 1991

Chris, I haven't been successful reaching him thus far, but please extend an invitation to Fred to check us out :)

-G

hone

150cc
I sure hope that the 78'' MXS comes out soon. I also hope the get the gas version out ASAP. I'm loving the 64'' MXS so much i just want a bigger one! And make it a gasser so i can fly for 15 minutes straight!

gyro

GSN Contributor
I sure hope that the 78'' MXS comes out soon. I also hope the get the gas version out ASAP. I'm loving the 64'' MXS so much i just want a bigger one! And make it a gasser so i can fly for 15 minutes straight!

Tell me about it! I'd definitely like to get a BIG MXS one day :)

That 60" Laser that Chris was testing looks pretty cool also!

hone

150cc
Tell me about it! I'd definitely like to get a BIG MXS one day :)

That 60" Laser that Chris was testing looks pretty cool also!

Yeah, I'm trying to pretty up my Extra so when the Laser comes out i can hopefully sell it to get some funds for the Laser. The 64'' MXS is a keeper though, and i usually don't keep planes too long. It's almost like flying a balsa crack yak! The MXS is soooo good i could only imagine what a bigger one would fly like. They said they will be doing the 78'' MXS in the Red scheme of the 48'' and the yellow and black from the 64'', and it should be 87'' with the tips on :veryshocked: :tongue: That's the same span as a certain 50cc plane i know of.