• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

ryan_m

100cc
I sure hope that the 78'' MXS comes out soon. I also hope the get the gas version out ASAP. I'm loving the 64'' MXS so much i just want a bigger one! And make it a gasser so i can fly for 15 minutes straight!

+1... I've stayed away from gas for the last 4 years, but that 78" MXS and a DA-35 have me thinking that it might be a great time to do it again.

hone

150cc
Just a heads up, Extreme Flight is offering motorbox kits now for all of the 48" and 60" EXP series aircraft. They're not on the site yet but they should be very soon! :D

P.S. It is very unlikely you'll ever need one, i've cartwheeled 2 of my 60'' EXPs and 1 48'' with zero damage to the MB. I thought the MB was toast each time too.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Joe, they ought to make you a Team Pilot for all the effort you're doing on their behalf over here! Thanks for sharing the info!

hone

150cc
Joe, they ought to make you a Team Pilot for all the effort you're doing on their behalf over here! Thanks for sharing the info!

Ahaha thanks! Hopefully i can be a team pilot one day, i've got a lot more planes to kill before that happens though :p

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hs 985 servos fit in a 60 msx or are they too big/heavy?

A little too big/heavy. Best bet is HS-225mg, then HS-5245mg, then HS-7245mh. I just upgraded to the HS-7245mh on my MXS, and they're incredible!

-G

Manta

70cc twin V2
Thanks. Yea i felt like they were a bit heavy for that application. I had some come open for a new airframe today. :)

<<< Reading the EF Build manual for the 104 Extra and watching Chris' build videos... any great ideas for standoffs for the 120? Just made a couple of pieces of 1/2" oak slices in the shape of the DA plate and while it may work, thought there may be a better way. Seems like DA doesn't want us using metal 1" standoffs ala CMALA etc... anything you EF folks have used successfully?