• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

Feral

She finaly flys properly :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378632275626.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378632275626.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 167
  • uploadfromtaptalk1378632306706.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378632306706.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 153
  • uploadfromtaptalk1378632362831.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378632362831.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 172
hi folks,

I need your help with picking my next airframe
I´m torn between a 78" Extra and the new 60" Laser, I know they are two completely different animals and I´m sure most of you will tell me to get both, but at the moment I can afford only one of them
so if you had to choose, which one would you pick? (this question goes especially to guys who already had the chance to fly both)

thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

hone

150cc
hi folks,

I´m torn between a 78" Extra and the new 60" Laser, I know they are two completely different animals and I´m sure most of you will tell me to get both, but at the moment I can afford only one of them
so if you had to choose, which one would you pick? (this question goes especially to guys who already had the chance to fly both)

thanks!

I own both and my personal favorite is the 78. The Laser does tumble and pop top better but I love the smoothness of the 78.
What kind of flying do you like most? (Stick basher, low and slow, or imac/freestyle)

3dbandit

100cc
hi folks,

thanks!

It ll depends on your flying style.

I personally prefer flying the laser because it feels like it is "laser guided". It tracks on rails, yet can do the most violent maneuvers.

IMHO
The laser more caters to the precision and violent style of extreme aerobatics whereas the 78 extra is better for classic down on the deck 3d flying.

hi folks,

thanks!

I have flown both and I would say that it would be just about impossible to choose a "better" one. They both fly on rails, both 3D however the Laser can get more violent if you want, the 78 will be more stable due to size. Hope that helps....also is transportation or noise an issue where you fly that may affect your decision???
Jeff

I just bought both of these planes. I only have 3 flights on the laser so far and somewhat limited flights on a 78.

If you had to just pick one I would do the 78 as bigger always flys better. The 60 fits in a car and if that means you get to fly it more days like after work, then there is your answer.

I can't wait till EF makes the next size Laser then you will have the ultimate answer.

My laser will start living in my car and the 78 means the truck and weekends and the smell of gas.