• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

FAA CLARIFICATIONS...... What's legal.......What aint ???????

Flyin4fun

70cc twin V2
rcbobp;3405 wrote: What do you think Hollywood is doing about this? Definitely sucks that they're corn holing guys like you, but the big production companies have a huge stake in this too. Any chance they're working to get the FAA to back off?

I am sure this will not bother Hollywood, as they have the coin.

wecoyote

70cc twin V2
SleepyC;3351 wrote: FPV is on the chopping block, but there is no definite answer to that yet either.
According to the FAA, you have to be able to have LOS. I have changed my FPV to using a monitor screen instead of goggles. That should satisfy the FAA requirements of LOS. I also adhere to the AMA rules by having a spotter and keeping the flying vehicle within LOS.

Flyin4fun

70cc twin V2
SleepyC;3394 wrote: Well right now, he's fine... in a month or so we will see. But like was posted above, right now, business as usual.

Steve,

I was hoping you would know more , since you are big into Multi's (and your business) , I looked (not hard though) to see if they were saying anything on multirotorforums but didn't find anything.

Flyin4fun

70cc twin V2
wecoyote;3436 wrote: According to the FAA, you have to be able to have LOS. I have changed my FPV to using a monitor screen instead of goggles. That should satisfy the FAA requirements of LOS. I also adhere to the AMA rules by having a spotter and keeping the flying vehicle within LOS.
But didn't the FAA clarifications say that you could NOT use anything except corrective lens glasses to VLOS, in that case a monitor screen would be illegal,

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to stir the pot as I feel we should be allowed to fly what we want (within common sense)

and Steve, if they want you to get a pilots license just to take a video of a wedding or to video a huckfest that just blows.

wecoyote

70cc twin V2
Flyin4fun;3444 wrote: But didn't the FAA clarifications say that you could NOT use anything except corrective lens glasses to VLOS, in that case a monitor screen would be illegal,

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to stir the pot as I feel we should be allowed to fly what we want (within common sense)

and Steve, if they want you to get a pilots license just to take a video of a wedding or to video a huckfest that just blows.
I can look up from the screen and have VLOS. I just don't keep my eyes on it 100% of the time.

BalsaDust

I just want to know how the FAA is going to close the lid of something that has already been opened and some many people have invested in. What are they gonna start sending cops to the local fields and arrest peple when they fly something FPV. Its all a bunch of BS in my opinion and I'm sorry for people like Sleepy that have tons of money invested in something to make a living with and not be able to use it anymore.

Flyin4fun

70cc twin V2
cbarnes0061;3463 wrote: I just want to know how the FAA is going to close the lid of something that has already been opened and some many people have invested in. What are they gonna start sending cops to the local fields and arrest peple when they fly something FPV. Its all a bunch of BS in my opinion and I'm sorry for people like Sleepy that have tons of money invested in something to make a living with and not be able to use it anymore.
couldn't agree with you more, couldn't agree with you more

kwj48

70cc twin V2
cbarnes0061;3463 wrote: I just want to know how the FAA is going to close the lid of something that has already been opened and some many people have invested in. What are they gonna start sending cops to the local fields and arrest peple when they fly something FPV. Its all a bunch of BS in my opinion and I'm sorry for people like Sleepy that have tons of money invested in something to make a living with and not be able to use it anymore.

I was thinking the same thing.

Oh no! quick let's get outta here it's the quad police! :D