• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Fibertech Hyperlite Slick.....sort of build thread.

Lucky dog, man!! Everything you do is nothing short of amazing! I'm gutting the guts in my Dalton, and tweeking where my DMSS sat's go. I'm using a PowerSafe Rx, with a fail on style E-Switch. No mo switch failures!

I was hoping for a Sunday remaiden of my Dalton, but it will have to wait until next week. Can't rush excellence!

Good job man!! It all looks killer and clean!

Russ42

30cc
Hey Terry I'm sorry to bother you again , would you know the dimensions of the landing gear , I ordered some from chief but they were out so I let them send the SD gear instead and they aren't right . But they fit my 35% Pilot yak perfect so that's a good thing . I can't seem to find the dimensions for the Pilot gear anywhere . And thank you again for your help and time .

Russell

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Awesome Bunky! Can't wait to see it. I agree, power safe RX with a fail safe switch on all of my 70cc+ birds never an issue ever.

Russell, I'll get you those gear dimensions and post them here, I know several people have gotten these kits for upcoming winter builds:encouragement:

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Terryscustom;5115 wrote: Awesome Bunky! Can't wait to see it. I agree, power safe RX with a fail safe switch on all of my 70cc+ birds never an issue ever.

Russell, I'll get you those gear dimensions and post them here, I know several people have gotten these kits for upcoming winter builds:encouragement:

+1 Powersafe RX's are the way to go.

Do-rag

100cc
Terryscustom;5042 wrote: Problem solved!! I figured it would be about 1% reeds, 19% ignition and the way it was acting my money was on crappy carb. Checked carb, took apart, nothing fishy. I had a brand new never seen gas carb for a V3 DLE111 in a bag, and it was a direct bolt on. I put that on, hooked everything up and it fired on fourth flip and runs WAY more smooth, superb transition and super high end with 29x9 Falcon.

So, tomorrow I'll bolt everything back together and get it ready for next break in the crappy weather.....looking like Saturday right now.

Not only is he a fast builder but is quick on figuring out other problems as well. Looking forward to the flight report.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Ant;5213 wrote: Wow,that was fast! How many days was the build?

Pretty soon were going to have to start timing Terry's builds in hours if he gets any faster.

I can see it now, draw up a plan, laser cut, build, cover, fly. All at Joe Nall.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
First glue went down on July 15th, I thought it would be fun to maiden one day short of a month but I guess you can't have everything. I called up Valley View and being a super vendor they are warrantying out the carb so the new and old will pass each other in the mail next week. Sounds like the one I put on is identical so it will stay in place.

BUT, I think the true source of the problem yesterday was because I never fly a plane until all the graphics are on and it's truly "finished". Well in true "freaky fast delivery" style from B&E I was just bolting my cowl back on and the mail man showed up!! So NOW we are all green lights for tail dragging and badassery!!! Plus I can't wait to get some finished pics in the sun.....all these indoor pics are driving me nuts.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

5246=1910-image001.jpg
5246=1910-image001.jpg
5246=1911-image002.jpg
5246=1911-image002.jpg
5246=1912-image003.jpg
5246=1912-image003.jpg
5246=1913-image004.jpg
5246=1913-image004.jpg

It is simply amazing how the little continuation of the strip from the fuse onto the cowl improves the look of the plane so much.

Fabulous looking plane [MENTION=110]Terryscustom[/MENTION], can't wait for some video!

Fibertech

70cc twin V2
I just got signed up on this thread. Nice work Terry. For the guys asking on Landing Gear I will also check on dimensions for you.

I will also get some pics posted of my build. Starting to get some covering done.