• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Fibertech Hyperlite Slick.....sort of build thread.

Do-rag

100cc
Fibertech;5289 wrote: I just got signed up on this thread. Nice work Terry. For the guys asking on Landing Gear I will also check on dimensions for you.

I will also get some pics posted of my build. Starting to get some covering done.

Welcome but what took you so long to get here????

Russ42

30cc
Thanks Rick it's Russell , I was gonna email and ask you but I didn't want to bother you , I figured you were dealing with enough right now and I've already bothered you enough .

TEX

New to GSN!
Glad to see these kits are back on the shelf.....I will get another one some day. Here are a couple of photos of the one I sold

5714=2116-Finished and ready 012.jpg
5714=2116-Finished and ready 012.jpg

5714=2117-Finished and ready 002.jpg
5714=2117-Finished and ready 002.jpg

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Maiden and 4 other flights complete!!! You will see in the maiden video that it was actually nose heavy which does not mathematically make sense with the wing. I moved the battery's back to under the canopy and that got it really really close. As built per plans my CG is new almost dead on the front edge of the wing tube and is completely neutral. That means my CG is right at 40% of MAC which is strange, but as Kevin says in the manual....this wing has an extremely broad range of CG. By the last flight of the day I had my KE mixing all dialed in and it was feeling good, also on video that we will post later. Strange weather moving in later so wind was variable with gusts one second and nothing the next so I did my best. I'll build a small lightweight battery tray below the canopy and I'll be good to go.

It is like nothing I've flown before.....extremely floaty but yet agile. It is also VERY fast, I only used full throttle for uplines and even with a brand new engine I only used about exactly half of a 32oz tank in 10 minutes of mildly aggressive flying. I tried a few things from the IMAC sportsman and it was so fast it took a lot of throttle management, very slippery plane!! The DLE120 is running like a top and just like my other one, the first flight it looks under-powered and after a couple of flights it starts to lighten up. My other DLE120 with the same prop really started to come to life after about 20 flights, so I need to burn some gas in this over the next few weeks. I'll have to see what the weather forecast looks like if I take it to the Black hills Huckfest or not.

Well, as normal "The LAW" was my picture and video girl so I'm going to let her post pics here in a bit and we will load up videos later tonight!!!

HUGE thumbs up to Kevin and Rick for the design and expertly cut CNC foam and plywood.

I will post one pic of the shirt I wore today, kinda of my maiden day motto......and yes I did get my maiden flight rudder drag so I'm 6 for 6 this year:woohoo-dancing-bana

attachment.php

5997=2286-shirt.jpg
5997=2286-shirt.jpg

crashflow

70cc twin V2
I find this plane interesting . must be like a 40% foamie on steroids. I can't wait to see it in person!!! I hope you can make it to the blackhills gsn fest with it!!!

dp2826

50cc
Congrats on the maiden! Can't wait to see the video of this thing in action. I really like scheme, your builds never disappoint. :brian-dancing-banan

Bdegan

50cc
Awesome Terry !!! Congrats :devil:

I found the same thing with my CG. I just kept pushing it back until harriers were dead nuts solid. I pushed my batteries back under the turtle deck as far as I could and still easily remove them. (I don't like charging Lipos in the plane). Then added .. "gag"... lead to the tail .

The funny thing is. When I roll inverted the nose still drops. I could add more weight to the tail. But the plane doesn't need to be more tail heavy.

The one thing that really has me puzzled. Is the thickness of the stabs and elevators.

They are the same size as on a 126 inch Carden 260. But almost a half inch thicker. These Slick stabs are thicker than any other plane this size or larger.

Maybe Kevin can drop in and offer some insight.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Bdegan;6029 wrote:

The one thing that really has me puzzled. Is the thickness of the stabs and elevators.

They are the same size as on a 126 inch Carden 260. But almost a half inch thicker. These Slick stabs are thicker than any other plane this size or larger.

Maybe Kevin can drop in and offer some insight.

I noticed the same thing, they are WAY thicker than the ones I used on my 42% MX scratch build.....I even dug out my foam templates and compared just out of curiosity.