Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC First Carden 124" Extra 300 Pro Build

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by scruffmeister, May 17, 2016.

1. orthobird

orthobird 150cc

Any further progress?

2. A few minor jobs done like cutting the wing tube, marking ailerons etc. but progress has slowed due to my kids being on school holidays now until September. Chances are I won't do much more until they return to school :)

3. orthobird

orthobird 150cc

I hear ya. I will start on mine next week. I want to get at least one done, and fly it, to see how I like it. I will be using a DA 150 with tuned pipes on the one I will finish first.

Notorious B.E.N. and thurmma like this.
  4. orthobird

orthobird 150cc

Hi Scruff, how are you? IS your airplane built?

5. Hi @orthobird - afraid not a lot of progress to report. Work and other commitments keeping me busy elsewhere! Hopefully will make some progress over the next few months...

orthobird likes this.
  6. I think it's about time we dusted this project off! As I left things I was going to do the wing cores, but for various reasons, I haven't got the space to work on them. The plan now is to work on the motor box which I do have space to build - I'm going to build it for the DA150/170 configuration... I'll get the boxes out of the attic over the next week or so and see if we can make a start.

dhal22, thurmma and pawnshopmike like this.
  7. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

Glad to here your getting back on it. We need more build threads going.

thurmma likes this.
  8. Dry run of the initial part of motorbox build while waiting for my Hysol 9462 glue shipment to arrive. Can only commend the quality of the CNC work - each piece fits exactly out of the box.[​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Alky6, thurmma and pawnshopmike like this.
  9. Firewall drilled and lightened. 14mm offset, 3 deg SWB mount.[​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

HRRC Flyer, thurmma, Alky6 and 2 others like this.