• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Flight Pack Opinions

Taildraggerrc

70cc twin V2
No problem.. I hope I remebered right. If not it was not much more.

I did start out with 2x 2500 mah packs in my plane but felt better with the 5000MAH. If I push the airplane really hard I have the reserve. The large control surfaces and larger plane can burn more energy for sure.

Patroller

70cc twin V2
I very much like the idea of the reserve. I am also very much aware that battery consumption is a very variable. On my gassers I have gone to a twin battery setups. I always pretend the second battery is not there when figuring things. Therefore, I usually only fly to about 1/4th of the capacity of my batteries. At 400mah to 500mah per flight that never more about 1200mah each on my twin 3900's.

Pbilt024

70cc twin V2
On my 40% comp Arf, I have a power box setup and it shows approx 450 mah per battery drawn per 12 minute flight doing imac style flying with 12- 8711's and ibec on 5000mah a123's

Mikeq

150cc
Pbilt024;18484 wrote: On my 40% comp Arf, I have a power box setup and it shows approx 450 mah per battery drawn per 12 minute flight doing imac style flying with 12- 8711's and ibec on 5000mah a123's

Wow...you got a big investment in that plane...what Tx/Rx are you using if you don't mind me asking?

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Pbilt024;18484 wrote: On my 40% comp Arf, I have a power box setup and it shows approx 450 mah per battery drawn per 12 minute flight doing imac style flying with 12- 8711's and ibec on 5000mah a123's

This is what I was looking for. Setups with batteries being used. It gives me an idea of what to anticipate with each battery arrangement. Thank you for your input.