• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Fort Smith Arkansas Fly Low In Sept. 19-22

Jungle

50cc
Ok I just got off the phone with the Hampton inn. I have set up a group rate with a block of rooms available. There are several other events going on in the area like a bike rally and a college sporting event so I would recommend getting your room here before sept 12th. I the deal I got worked up is 89.99 a night at the Hampton. This is straight across the street from a Logan's road house, tgi Fridays, and Starbucks. All three are walking distance and by walking distance I mean walk across a two lane road that only has the business's in it. There is also a hooters just around the corner and a wild buffalo wings across from that

I will post the group rate info here in a few.

Jungle

50cc
Ok. When you call the Hampton tell them your here for the fort smith fly low inn to get the special rate and or the code FLY and you have to reserve it before the 12th. 89 bucks is not bad for the Hampton.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Ok. When you call the Hampton tell them your here for the fort smith fly low inn to get the special rate and or the code FLY and you have to reserve it before the 12th. 89 bucks is not bad for the Hampton.

Sweet deal you setup for everyone Josh. Hamptons are NICE!

There was no rebuilding. It trashed a little of everything. Fuse was toast from firewall to turtledeck and more around the fin, one wing had several cracked ribs, one stab trashed, fin/rudder trashed and shoved into the fuse, cowling trashed, canopy trashed, bunch of stripped servo gears, etc. I was in a low rolling harrier, then went to full throttle to do a rolling half cuban to come back the other direction. As soon as it got vertical, PPPPPpppp! Dead. No forward speed, almost no wind, maybe 15ft above the asphault. It didn't quite get level enough for the inverted pancake. I knew it was done no matter what when the engine died. I put rc to the side after that around November, since I had nothing to fly and got back to finishing my PPL. Got that wrapped up in Jan.(and drained the bank account) and then had a major club issue that lead to me resigning my membership for the year. I do have my 104" Slick. It wasn't assembled then. I got it almost wrapped up but nowhere here to maiden or fly. Kind of a good/bad year. Might have to maiden the dang thing in Fort Smith, which also means breaking in a brand new engine so there won't be anything exciting coming from that plane for about 8 gallons. It's just been a bit rough lately. I'm hoping a FLI is just what I need to turn things around.

Last edited by a moderator: